New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Centrino is not just a marketing program. It indeed has valid technological thrust behind it.

Centrino is not a processor. It is the combination of Intel Pentium M (mobile processor) and Intel Chipsets (chips that support the processor) that offer comparable performance of Pentium 4 with lesser power consumption (meaning longer battery life, 4hrs and above) plus wireless connectivity (WiFi). Another plus with the Centrino technology, with the processor and chipsets form factor, and improved heat dissipation capability, the notebooks get thinner and more light weight (less need for bulky heatsink and relatively large fans). The processors and chipsets are being manufactured using the latest process technology, thus more chips are developed on same amount of silicon, which ultimtately correspond later on to better pricing of this technology (fluctuated however by demand).

I've been using my IBM T40 for more than a year now and I'm very satisfied with its performance and WiFi capability. It's so light weight compared to my previous IBM 600E. You can even get one with a DVD/CDRW drive... I just love that feature!

IMHO....
    Last edited by RafRaf; June 30th, 2004 at 09:14 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by RafRaf
    I've been using my IBM T40 for more than a year now and I'm very satisfied with its performance and WiFi capability. It's so light weight compared to my previous IBM 600E. You can even get one with a DVD/CDRW drive... I just love that feature!
    cool man...we have exactly the same laptop. i love the wifi, the large screen, and all the features. i've had thinkpads for 5 years now and they are super-durable, rugged units that are light enough for travel and easy to upgrade

dell and toshibas are good brands too, but ibm's are my laptop of choice

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    like gretzy......I too am a Toshiba user.....I prefer this brand to patronize our gawang pinoy and it has all the good stuff I need at a good price......compared to Dell and others......one more thing din pala......make sure you check out the screen and its resolution since it may cause eyestrain specially for laptops that have such a bad resolution.....

Doc Diesel

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pero ang pentium IV laptop ko, may WiFi capability rin.
    kaya lang, two hours lang, dedbol na baterya.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by frt
    Anong ok na laptop in the 50 to 60k price?

Ok ba yung mga ECS, NEO, Prestigio brand? Yung mga Celeron di ba mabagal yon? P4 better?
    Imma ask u something dood.....
    saan mo gagamitin? kung sa office and school lang, celeron na lang kunin mo. $200 din ang difference ng celeron sa pentium 4. graphix and games? ya, I would suggest pentium IV
    if u wanna save money, pero ayaw mo ng celeron performance, get a laptop with an Athlon processor

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung durability at reliability, go for fujitsu(very expensive), IBM and toshibas.... dell is quite good but bulky tsaka madaling bumigay ang battery, yan dati ang company issue na laptop dito sa company namin....more than a year lang eh mahina na tsaka madaling pasukin nang dumi yung lcd screen nya...

kaya balik sa IBM ang company namin, yung nasa akin dati, nabagsak ko twice during site visits....okey pa rin sya, pinagpag lang yung alikabok.... pero nung dell na yung issue sa opis, siguro 4 na unit yung madalas maibalik sa service center para linisin yung screen....hehehe but it is quite fast compared sa ibang notebooks....

yung mga me laptop dito for personal use eh peborit nila ang fujitsu, at toshiba.....HP eh okey rin....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Clavell : Thanks for the offer. I'll give u a call one of this days.

PK: Sige bibili nga ako PC buyers guide.

To all: Thanks sa mga reply.

Actually mom ko gagamit and she's not so techie when it comes to computers. But p4 or Centrino (p4m) would really be nice.

I am also looking for deals na 0% interest for 12 months. Laptops depreciates so it doesnt make sense paying cash for it when there are good deals available.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Notebooks Laptops?