New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Sa Automatic center sa gateway. Netbook lang yun. tag 23990. May kasamang external dvd writer, 4 gb flash drive, sleeves, at yung jologs na patungan nga laptop.

Sulit naman. Di ko na kailangan iconnect sa speakers ko kasi malakas na rin tunog. Kung di lang nanakaw laptop ko di ko pa papalitan yun e.

I reformat mo na lang toshiba mo at i save yung 40K mo. Tumatakbo pa naman e. Try mo din avira anti virus. ok din. di mabigat.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Toshiba - Satellite Laptop / Intel® Core™ i7 Processor / 17.3" Display / 6GB Memory / 750GB Hard Drive - Platinum
    Our Price:
    $849.99
    Nice specs. that should set you up for the next 5 years or so. Pero hinde ba parang mabigat? that's about 3 kilos I think and if you will be lugging it around every time you will definitely be feeling the weight.
    Edit: medyo bulky din ang 17 inch notebook.

<quote>Modem
    None - Pano DSL ko kung wala modem?

Networking
    Built-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN

</quote>

external modems are provided by your service provider(sa pldt dsl ganun eh). You connect to internet through yung ethernet LAN.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm one of the few who dont like Apple. I used one for around 30 mins and it drove me nuts. Had a very difficult time adjusting. I think its overrated and over priced.

The Toshiba from Best Buy have great specs. But like mentioned earlier its HEAVY. Spec wise its better than the Lenovo from Villman. If you will be lugging it arund go with the Lenovo. If its a desktop replacement that will just sit at your desk, the Toshiba is ok.

Both Toshiba and Lenovo are very durable. Cant go wrong with either brand. Asus is also a very respected laptop manufacturer.

If you can, go with a Intel Sandy bridge processor. Basically the 2nd generation i series processors. 4 gig or more ram is recommended along with a 64bit OS. 32 bit OS can only use up to 3 gig of ram.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Free route = pirated copy

Practically the same as the legal version except you should NOT update the OS. IN fact better to disable the auto-update feature.
    * C4Y - search mo yung Windows 7 Loader eXtreme Edition v3.544. It will make your new laptop seem genuine for windows in case you get the free route way. Then it would enable you to update your OS without problem.

But since may budget ka naman, bili ka na lang ng genuine OS.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    I reformat mo na lang toshiba mo at i save yung 40K mo. Tumatakbo pa naman e. Try mo din avira anti virus. ok din. di mabigat.
    he he he. Ano yang jologs na patungan ng laptop? Ipa reformat ko na nga lang. I dread kasi to back up my files. Wala kasi akong external drive. Actually less that 25% lang ng hard disk ko ang may laman pero ang bagal na talaga ng laptop ko. Basics na lang naka install sa laptop ko (office etc) Nag install kasi ako ng AVG free lalo pang bumagal.

Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    Nice specs. that should set you up for the next 5 years or so. Pero hinde ba parang mabigat? that's about 3 kilos I think and if you will be lugging it around every time you will definitely be feeling the weight.
    Edit: medyo bulky din ang 17 inch notebook.
    Yeah it's a bit heavy nga but I bring my laptop around the house lang naman so okay na rin. The larger the screen the better for me

Between Lenovo and Toshiba, given exactly the same specs, which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I'm one of the few who dont like Apple. I used one for around 30 mins and it drove me nuts. Had a very difficult time adjusting. I think its overrated and over priced.

The Toshiba from Best Buy have great specs. But like mentioned earlier its HEAVY. Spec wise its better than the Lenovo from Villman. If you will be lugging it arund go with the Lenovo. If its a desktop replacement that will just sit at your desk, the Toshiba is ok.

Both Toshiba and Lenovo are very durable. Cant go wrong with either brand. Asus is also a very respected laptop manufacturer.

If you can, go with a Intel Sandy bridge processor. Basically the 2nd generation i series processors. 4 gig or more ram is recommended along with a 64bit OS. 32 bit OS can only use up to 3 gig of ram.
    Thanks! It's a desktop replacement nga. I hope I could get international warranty from best buy. If not, I will be forced to buy here at a higher price. Between Lenovo and Toshiba, given exactly the same specs, which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    * C4Y - search mo yung Windows 7 Loader eXtreme Edition v3.544. It will make your new laptop seem genuine for windows in case you get the free route way. Then it would enable you to update your OS without problem.

But since may budget ka naman, bili ka na lang ng genuine OS.
    Naku ayoko na ng downloads kasi parati ako napapahamak. I must be doing something wrong kasi bumabagal lagi laptop ko

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Lahat naman ata ng **** may virus. lol. I won't be using my laptop for work. Pang browse lang talaga and downloading. Kaya naisip ko maganda din mac kung hindi siya navi virus kasi I intend to do a lot of downloads with my new laptop.
    haha nope hindi naman, its just a movie, same as any other movie uploaded/downloaded, no diff from the kung fu panda 2 i downloaded just last night hehe. um im not sure if bi******* will work on mac. maraming virus and spam yung **** sites, wag nalang dun, you can find alot of **** movies on ******* virus free.

what you need tho is a fast net connection and lots of hard disk space, we only have 1mbps net speed so a reg movie file of 700mb will take about 1hr 30min. Hi-res movies 3-4gb will take about 5-6hrs, so i usually just leave my laptop running overnight. pero di narin ako nagdownload ng hi-res to save space, usually 700mb-1.4gb movie files lang ok na. with just a 14" screen walang diff yung 700mb file sa 3gb hehe

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    he he he. Ano yang jologs na patungan ng laptop? Ipa reformat ko na nga lang. I dread kasi to back up my files. Wala kasi akong external drive. Actually less that 25% lang ng hard disk ko ang may laman pero ang bagal na talaga ng laptop ko. Basics na lang naka install sa laptop ko (office etc) Nag install kasi ako ng AVG free lalo pang bumagal.

Yeah it's a bit heavy nga but I bring my laptop around the house lang naman so okay na rin. The larger the screen the better for me

Between Lenovo and Toshiba, given exactly the same specs, which would you choose?

Thanks! It's a desktop replacement nga. I hope I could get international warranty from best buy. If not, I will be forced to buy here at a higher price. Between Lenovo and Toshiba, given exactly the same specs, which would you choose?

Naku ayoko na ng downloads kasi parati ako napapahamak. I must be doing something wrong kasi bumabagal lagi laptop ko
    im also using avg free, ok siya, your laptop will run slower if avg is doing its scan so iturn off mo lang yung scheduled scans. i have about less than 10gb available space on my 4yr old laptop, run ram hungry softwares like autocad, lightroom, cs4, file conversion softwares, itunes, generals zero hour, titan quest etc...of course not all in the same time di naman bumabagal laptop ko. i have only 1gb ram. i run my laptop overnight for downloads so i can say my asus is one workhorse! and problem nalang nun yung battery since overcharging has left it with only 30-40min life nalang

between lenovo and toshiba same specs.. toshiba always!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I don't think lenovo offer desktop replacement notebooks so get the toshiba na lang. same quality naman yan eh.

I also do not recommend using pirated OS. You won't be able to get updates to your OS if you use pirated copies.

About AVG, I stopped using it since 3 years ago because it became bloated and resource hungry. With Windows 7 you can download microsoft security essentials. its already a complete package and its free. its also is lean so it won't eat up resources just like avg does.
    FOr additional protection you can install a firewall.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    same specs - whichever is cheaper

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I have 2 units of Toshiba Satellite A80. One bought by my my pamangkin in Singapore for me. Within the warranty period the dvd drive broke and Tricom replaced it in Manila for free, after waiting for a few days (they ordered the part from Singapore daw). The warranty is honored internationally. Then a few months after the warranty period, the right side display hinge broke down. I had it replaced. After about 2 months, the left hand side also broke down. I wanted to just buy the hinge from Tricom and do the replacing myself but ayaw nila for some reason.

The office issued Toshiba Satellite A80 is the one with harman kardon speaker. Also the right side hinge broke down and had it replaced by Tricom. Based on the feedbacks i was getting, yon daw ang sakit ng Toshiba Satellite, madali mabali ang display hinge. Except for these problems, Toshiba seems ok.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Which notebook is better? Toshiba or Apple?