New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    Hindi ko alam na hindi pala maganda ang Norton pero sa PC ko naman wala naman akong naging problems or harm na nangyari sa PC ko..
    Ano maganda na anti virus?
    San safe pwede idownload?
    dont donwload the Norton systemworks yun puwede gawin CD sa limewire! it messed up my dad's entire laptop. kasalanan ko pa. rigged yun. punong-puno ng trojan, and syempre pag gamit mo scan ng norton useless. sobra bumagal laptop ng dad ko.

if you value Itunes so much, switch to Mac hehehe. it's been over 2 months since I switched and ni wala ako pinapatakbo firewall, anti-virus or anti-spyware sa computer ko ngaun.

and remember that dpinoyweb/gopilipinas website for pinay celebs, pag windows xp, grabe ang labas ng anti-virus message sa computer ko noon. after satisfying my viewing pleasure, the next day I had to endure a slower winxp system. ngaun sa Mac, kahit i-load ko pa sandonsenang virus sa mga questionable websites, wa-epek hehehe. I even click on spam e-mails sa yahoomail, wa-epek sa Mac.
    Last edited by oldblue; August 9th, 2006 at 05:09 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    dont donwload the Norton systemworks yun puwede gawin CD sa limewire! it messed up my dad's entire laptop. kasalanan ko pa. rigged yun. punong-puno ng trojan, and syempre pag gamit mo scan ng norton useless. sobra bumagal laptop ng dad ko.
    99% of all software files obtained illegally through Limewire have a virus or trojan of some sort. Everytime I scanned software obtained via Limewire with my security software, I detected malware of some sort.The only files that seem relatively malware-free are video and audio files.

As for the Mac, if you bought one of Apple's Intel dualcore or earlier dual-cpu computers, smoothness and speed within the gui is one of the side benefits. Even XP Home is very fast with nary a slowdown in my dualcore X2 4200+ DIY. Just the same, the MacBook and pc Core Duo laptops are quite impressive. I recently borrowed both types for a few days.

So, this is also in acknowledgement of OTO's earlier post about the MacBook being responsive enough. Although the MacBook graphics are still the bottom of the barrel, they're more than useful enough for daily use. I'd buy a Macbook when it's time to replace my daughter's iBook.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing View Post
    The combo am using now AVG + ZoneAlarm, no probs so far... keeping my fingers crossed.
    Good combo. I use the same combo for my P3-733 with w2k. For my X2 4200+, I use AVG, Windows Defender, XP's firewall, and my wireless basestation's firewall. No ill effects so far.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    balak ko pa naman magpalit ng anti -virus from mcafee to norton 06. buti na lang may advise na ganito . . .

AVG works!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    AVG na lang. definitely better than Norton. magaan pa sa System Resources.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Norton Systemwreck 2006 hehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    Norton Systemwreck 2006 hehe
    Dapat ata yan ang name ng norton..Bumili pa naman ako ng CD na norton sa may U.M..at Norton Internet Security na din..
    Buti na lang meron akong Antivirus 2003 collection merong AVG dun kaso 2003version nga lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try mo ito ClamWin AV na diskubre namin a few days ago. My colleague say's it's better than AVG, he's been running it on his machine for several days na and okay naman.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you're going to use Norton products, avoid anything with optimizers. I've used Norton Internet Security 2003 with no ill effects. But, it is a resource -hog. If you can get the corporate version of Norton Antivirus, it's much better than the retail version.

AVG is probably the best free antivirus software. For security suites, I've also had excellent results with PC-Cillin which is what I use on my uncle's pc's.

Then there's Cox Cable's security suite which is free to its broadband subscribers and what I have installed on my daughter's pc.

For me, AVG/Defender/XP and router firewalls are good enough on my pc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Norton Systemworks 2006 problem