New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed..never tried n64 =p

from nes...to snes..then sega...then ps na...tapos palaro laro lang sa xbox and 360 ng mga friends and relatives.

i agree in almost all of your points. ang point ko lang naman, parang...sa isang basket ng apples na napakarami, for sure isa or dalawa dun eh maganda.

sa basket ng apples na 5 lang ang laman....di AKO makaksiguradong may makakain ako dun....

but still, if wii here comes down to 200$ or below...id hit it!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    example lang mas mahal ang psp compared sa nintendo ds..pero mas madami ang games ng psp compared sa ds kya mas madami ang gumagamit ng psp ryt??? tingin ko yang nintedo wii masarap lang laruin pag ksama mga kid tyak enjoy..

o.t. tagal ko na hintay yang ps3 sobrang inip na ako nakaraan april lalabas tpos in the last minute naging nov nga sana di na maudlot bka magastos ko nanamn yung pera hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    example lang mas mahal ang psp compared sa nintendo ds..pero mas madami ang games ng psp compared sa ds kya mas madami ang gumagamit ng psp ryt???
    wrong, hehe. psp never beat the ds in sales numbers in US, UK and Japan. there was a short time when psp edged out the ds, pero nung nilabas uli ang DS lite naiwanan na ang psp. Pagdating sa handheld, alang tatalo sa nintendo.

from about.com
    "Nintendo has shipped well over 5 million DS handheld consoles around the globe, the company has claimed.
    The five-million mark was actually passed mid-March, the company said, just after the console's UK launch, during which it became the fastest-selling console in UK videogaming history. "

"Global sales of DS reach 21 million"

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/blog/

BTW, i would still buy a PS3. ang i'm not a nintendo fanboy either, hehe.

some say the nintendo DS is just an experiment, The Wii is the real thing. yung mga concepts na natutunan nila sa DS i-aaply nila sa Wii. This time bago na ang president ng nintendo, and mukhang maganda na uli ang relasyon nila sa mga 3rd party developers. nagkaroon ata ng problem sa mga developers sa GC at nintendo64 dahil mataas masyado ang "pride" ng nintendo dati. but now its different, that's why it's dubbed the "revolution", nagbago na sila.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, Nintendo DS trumps ALL other handhelds...

Pareng Glenn: Point taken

In addition to the discussion, totally ibang marketing attack kasi ang Nintendo, they're after gaming experience, while PS is totally hooked up competing with XBOX as a PC whopper in gaming.

If we're talking about Next Gen aspect of gaming, XBOX made big strides not because of their hardware superiority over PS2, but XBOX Live, I sincerely doubt that PS3 can catch up to XBOX Live community in online gaming.

I'm not anti-PS, far from it... But pushing hardware to the next level just to get better looking graphics/sounds and PC-like function is NOT gaming Next-Gen. Neither is the XBOX 360... Nice graphics will only take you so far.

Kinda like choosing a good book vs. a colorful book.

Finding NEW ways of playing games making it more enjoyable and engaging is Next-Gen... How hard is it really to make better looking graphics? As long as the hardware can support it, that's not a breakthough.

Nintendo has always been the forefront of gaming innovation. Who would've thought of bongo drums for donkey kong, using a controller as a racquet, synching a handheld game to a console will be so much fun?

If you're after specs, just get a large LCD and hook up your PC...
    Last edited by theveed; August 30th, 2006 at 11:27 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Nice graphics will only take you so far.

Kinda like choosing a good book vs. a colorful book.
    AMEN.

trivia lang..ds here in north america has the most shares of handheld console sales. i think mga 60-70%.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    http://wii.nintendo.com/

iba ang dating ng game system na ito. may Physical interaction...mas mura pa sa ibang game system almost half the price...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    the nintendo wii is really different from the PS3 & XBOX 360 since it is offering something ''innovative'' when it comes to videogames.

you might want to check out www.pinoy-n.com for more info regarding the nintendo wii & nintendo wii games.

pinoy-n nintendo wii thread --> http://www.pinoy-n.com/forums/forum-34.html

i think there's already a similar thread. hehehe

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30253

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    haven't had a chance to demo the wii. but the specs/concept looks interesting.

i own an xbox 360, and have had a chance to demo the PS3 - they are amazing as usual, but severely overpriced - especially the PS3. i understand that new tech costs more, but they are pricing themselves out of their main market. potentially, the only reason i would pay USD 600 for a PS3 (i paid 400 for the 360) is because of it's Blu Ray DVD capability but (a) we're not sure if that's the format of the future, and (b) the hardware and software (DVD's) are really really expensive.

personally, i hope the Wii is a huge success and steal market share away from the other two guys to force MS and Sony to really reevaluate their price points.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Cool!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    di ko pa nalaro ang Nintendo Wii, pero pag ako ang papipiliin sa PS3 at XBox 360, PS3 ako. i have both and i've played both using a 1080p lcd. graphics wise i don't see the difference between the two. the decision was based on my being brand loyal to the Playstation brand, hence my XBox 360 is for sale.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Nintendo Wii