New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from yahoo http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/18066

No Phone: The new iPod Touch may have more storage, but it doesn't have a phone. This means you still have to carry two devices: a phone and the iPod Touch. I don't know about you, but I'm not one to carry an iPod everywhere I go. That's why I say no thanks to the iPod Touch. I'll just stick to an iPhone and eliminate all the excess baggage.

No Camera: The 2-megapixel camera is gone.

No Bluetooth or EDGE: This means no bluetooth headphones, headset, or access to the Internet when you can't find a hotspot. Bummer.

Wi-Fi: Woohoo, it has Wi-Fi — but what's the use of having Wi-Fi if you can't always access a hotspot outside the house? Once you walk out the door, the only place you have free access to the Internet is at Starbucks to buy music.

Storage: Why, oh why on earth would you pay $299 for an 8GB iPod or $399 for 16GB? OK, so it's flash-based, has a multi-touch interface, a beautiful 3.5-inch display, and Wi-Fi capabilities, but the price just seems outrageous when the 160GB metal iPod Classic is only $349. Makes me wanna weep.

No New Features: The iPod Touch is just an iPhone without a phone. And why didn't they add new colors, FM radio, an expansion slot, or a microphone to give it VoIP capabilities? Even the Sony Mylo and Zune have some of these features. Why make it look and act like a PDA, yet leave out important things like a microphone.

The good news is we now have options. Options are great when you don't have to to decide between carriers, or find ways to unlock the iPhone without it blowing up in your face. The iPod Touch has great features, but doesn't compare to the iPhone. Now that the iPhone is cheaper, why not go for the one with the most features at the expense of storage? Besides, I already have plenty of storage for music on my four other iPods.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    damn looks good! i'm torn between the iphone touch and the new nano. my 1st gen 2GB nano is begging to be replaced...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    my 40gig ipod 2nd gen pa yata yun still serves its purpose. ahehehe! almost 4 yrs old survived a couple of bumps and drops. buhay pa. althoi nag rerestart once in a while mag isa. ahehehe! pag namatay na ng tuluyan to. i guess bagsak na price nyan touch na yan. ahehehehe!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe, my 30GB ipod stays almost exclusively in my glove compartment, serving as my main audio source.... salamat pioneer for the cd-ib100. no sense in me upgrading...
    Last edited by pajerokid; September 10th, 2007 at 10:57 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    from yahoo http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/18066
    No Phone: No Camera: No Bluetooth or EDGE:
    Wi-Fi: Storage:
    medyo malabo ata yun article nya. the ipod touch isnt meant to be a phone or pda to begin with. it just so happened na kamukha sila ng iphone.

flash based storage are more expensive than hard drive based devices. but there are places/ways you can use the flash drives unlike the hd version.

basically, the ipod touch looks like a nano with bigger screen, basic internet via wifi, and isync your ical on the go.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Had the chance to grope an iPod Touch at the Power Mac Center at Trinoma...

While the touch interface is indeed, something innovative and the display was superb, I was kinda fumbling on some secondary functions of the apps. Kinda disappointed because I thought Apple was known for being very user-friendly? The iPod clickwheel was genius because learning to use it was very second-nature. The iPod Touch thing... I'm not quite sure. Maybe it I was able to spend actual time with it I'd change my mind.

Prices:
    iPod Touch
    Php 16,990.00 for the 8gb
    Php 22,990.00 for the 16gb

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my sister bought the iPod Touch 16gb yesterday for 21k at greenhills.
    ang masasabi ko ay:
    1. looks cool, feels heavy and solid, mukhang matibay
    2. hate the back. its mirror finish is prone to sratches if your not careful
    3. since my sister is not a techie hirap sya magtransfer ng files.
    4. she downloaded itunes for free sa apple site. yun ang dali daw
    5. she managed to sync her mp3 and photos to it, after fidling with itunes for about 3 hours daw.
    6. now comes the hard part it only plays mpeg4 movies so now she has to convert everything to .mp4 and ripping dvds to that format takes about an hour and half. taught her to use IMToo she needs to practice ripping.
    7. now she asks me how does she watch the divx movies she got from ******* files? di ko nasagot, kasi wala naman ako ipod touch(no plans of getting one either) can anyone help me with this.

its now with me so i can tinker with it and later teach her how to dl movies to it. grabe kakabaliw... pagkabit ko sa pc and naditect na sya ng itunes...nag-upgrade agad ng software took 45 mins for that.

over-all its basically a pda with contacts list, calendar, calculator and wifi browser with a audio and video player.

parang not worth the 21k she paid kasi all the other functions can be handled by her moto v6maxx. parang dapat bumili na lang sya ng portable dvd player, less hassle converting those dvds pa.

onga pala wla sya speakers so lagi ka naka headphone
    Last edited by impulzz; October 15th, 2007 at 04:12 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i dont believe in these ipods anymore.

The Tvix is much much better kaya hanggang 1080p na HDMI LCD TV, can play MP3 as well all your photos since childhood. I installed a removable 500GB Western Digital SATA puwede pa bumasa ng 1 Terabyte na HDD basta naimbento na. plus i can connect 2 external HDD drives pa kahit 750GB each

bibili na lang ako ng 12volt adaptor for the car.

WAlking multimedia ala mainframe server na'to, future proof pa mkv, apple's H.264 video compression kaya. sana lang sa future puwede mag-play ng .SWF pa lahat lahat na

=====

with all the MP3 capable nokia/se/samsung phones, redundant na Ipod. I have a trusty slim Nokia 6300 with 2GB microSD card. sobra-sobra pa music ko dito to play in a 3-hour gym work out.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mmm....i guess if anything i'll go all the way and spring for the iPon

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm really tempted to get this to replace my aging 1st gen 2gb nano which only lasts 2 hours at most. It costs S$500 here.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
New iPOD Touch!!!