New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Who has the newly released iPOD Touch?

An officemate will be taking his vacation this week in the US. I requested him to buy me the "new" 8G iPOD Touch for $199 (+ tax).

Any feedbacks? TIA
    Last edited by chua_riwap; September 13th, 2009 at 05:37 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    2nd day with it, very frustrating gadget.

another thing annoying, with its music or movie libraries, baket ganun? for example i have an exsisting music playlist/library sa i-tunes, tapos lets say i just want to add one song and di mo na check yung box nung ibang songs. pag sync nya bura lahat ng laman ng itouch you end up with just one song. ganun din sa movies.

now my sister is having a hard time with it, tinuro ko na sa kanya mag convert and sync. after an hour tawag ulit sya ang ask me halos lahat ulit hay...
    Napakadali lang ng solusyon nitong sync'ing problem na 'to. Set your iPod to "manual" update mode in the Preferences. Voila!

Yun nga lang, very time consuming yung conversion to *.mp4.
    Last edited by woohoo; September 13th, 2009 at 08:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Who has the newly released iPOD Touch?

An officemate will be taking his vacation this week in the US. I requested him to buy me the "new" 8G iPOD Touch for $199 (+ tax).

Any feedbacks? TIA
    First, I have no Itouch but I have Iphone 32gb.

Tax varies from state to state. If you want to save on tax, get it online (meaning not thru Apple online store) and have it delivered to a US address.

Based on the recent Applecon in SF, there is not much improvement on the Itouch other than it has now a 64gb version. Apple is now pushing the Touch as a formidable game device as more game developers are jumping in. One of them is a little company in Redwood, CA called ELECTRONIC ARTS

Now, regarding DVDs being converted to mp4. I wonder why others are saying that it's too complicated to make this happen? Never had any bit of problem converting movies and loading it to my device. I use HANDBRAKE and it does the job in less than an hour.

The latest Itunes iteration (ver.9) simplifies file management even more.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i have an Ipod Touch 8gig before i sold it after a year of use in tipidpc...reason? you can't play online video except youtube and the other hamster i think...it sucks...you can't even login your account (or I'm not too techy for Apple?) in youtube...

now i replaced it with Express Music 5800..it can play "almost" any videos online..heck it can even play megavideo you just have to be patient...

before i never thought i'm going to let go my Ipod Touch...I did...thanks to express music 5800

just a side note: wala pong Itouch..it's Ipod Touch

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    just a side note: wala pong Itouch..it's Ipod Touch
    I'm just too lazy to key in everything. Itouch = Apple Ipod Touch. Is that good enough for you?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    i have an Ipod Touch 8gig before i sold it after a year of use in tipidpc...reason? you can't play online video except youtube and the other hamster i think...it sucks...you can't even login your account (or I'm not too techy for Apple?) in youtube...

now i replaced it with Express Music 5800..it can play "almost" any videos online..heck it can even play megavideo you just have to be patient...

before i never thought i'm going to let go my Ipod Touch...I did...thanks to express music 5800
    Excuse for my ignorance, but what is Express Music 5800? Is it a media player device?

Reason for Apple not playing online videos (other than youtube) is because of the absence of flash. If your purpose of buying an "APPLE IPOD TOUCH" is only to play online videos, then the device is obviously not for you. There are other devices that will fit most of your requirements which in your case Express Music 5800.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Express Music 5800 is a Nokia mobile phone.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Express Music 5800 is a Nokia mobile phone.
    Thanks sir.

So then, it is a phone. Ipod touch is not equal to Express Music 5800. The comparison should be Iphone 3GS vs. Express Music 5800.

Portable media devices vary in many different ways. Some prefer devices because of features, some prefer design, and some prefer brands. Ipod Touch holds it's own persona simply because of people who have relied on the iconic Apple badge.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Zune HD is set to be released tomorrow (Sept. 15 in the US only).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgAVbDWkZk"]YouTube - Zune HD Hands On[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok612YNA_Sc"]YouTube - Zune HD - Promotional Video with FORZA 3 MOTORSPORT game in action. AWESOME!!!![/ame]

- 3.3-inch screen and vivid 16:9 Capacitive OLED display (480x272 resolution)
    - Multi-touch support with gestures
    - built-in HD Radio receiver
    - HD video output * 720p
    - Wi-fi
    - Web Browser, Touch-screen qwetry keyboard
    - Accelerometer
    - Integeration with Xbox live
    - Possibility of playing XBLA games
    - Probably 16GB, 32GB and 64GB flash memory models would be available at launch.
    If priced competetively, I might become a Zune convert. If not, I'm still happy with my Ipod Classic.
    Last edited by Negus; September 14th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    WOW!!! Zune HD looks to be a very promising multi-media device. Competition is really heating up between MS and APL! Consumers like us will surely end up winners.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
New iPOD Touch!!!