New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naginquire ako sa megamall few days ago... karerelease pa lang, out of stock na daw sa apple store... di pa alam kung kailan ulit magkkaroon ng stock

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    2nd day with it, very frustrating gadget. cool you can watch movies with it but it only reads .mp4 files. so everything you download like divx, avi, or other formats have to be converted pa. and dvd's have a different converter from a divx and avi converter. and most movie files convert in about 1 to 1.5 hours. then you have to add it to your itunes movie library ang sync, thats another 10 to 15 mins. thats just too long and complicated.

another thing annoying, with its music or movie libraries, baket ganun? for example i have an exsisting music playlist/library sa i-tunes, tapos lets say i just want to add one song and di mo na check yung box nung ibang songs. pag sync nya bura lahat ng laman ng itouch you end up with just one song. ganun din sa movies.

now my sister is having a hard time with it, tinuro ko na sa kanya mag convert and sync. after an hour tawag ulit sya ang ask me halos lahat ulit hay...

it's just too complicated, have better things to do than just DL and convert stuff.

buti pa yung creative zen 1GB ng gf ko, 2500 lang tapos drag and drop lang mp3 nya, parang flash disk lang. d&d 50 songs into it in just 15 mins, namili pa ako nun.
    Last edited by impulzz; October 17th, 2007 at 03:46 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    2nd day with it, very frustrating gadget. cool you can watch movies with it but it only reads .mp4 files. so everything you download like divx, avi, or other formats have to be converted pa. and dvd's have a different converter from a divx and avi converter. and most movie files convert in about 1 to 1.5 hours. then you have to add it to your itunes movie library ang sync, thats another 10 to 15 mins. thats just too long and complicated.

another thing annoying, with its music or movie libraries, baket ganun? for example i have an exsisting music playlist/library sa i-tunes, tapos lets say i just want to add one song and di mo na check yung box nung ibang songs. pag sync nya bura lahat ng laman ng itouch you end up with just one song. ganun din sa movies.

now my sister is having a hard time with it, tinuro ko na sa kanya mag convert and sync. after an hour tawag ulit sya ang ask me halos lahat ulit hay...

it's just too complicated, have better things to do than just DL and convert stuff.

buti pa yung creative zen 1GB ng gf ko, 2500 lang tapos drag and drop lang mp3 nya, parang flash disk lang. d&d 50 songs into it in just 15 mins, namili pa ako nun.

I thought about buying an iPod instead of my PSP. But, the tie-in to iTunes was somewhat of a turnoff. iTunes is great as a playback software. But, it needlessly complicates matters when it comes to content between iPod and computer.

iPod/iTunes really need to be just good ol drag n drop ala PSP/non-iPod players.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 17th, 2007 at 12:20 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post

yup hirap yan conversion pa to other formats. got an Ipod video once, kino-convert ko pa only to find out later from Mp4 dvd quality naging vcd quality pa. so I sold it and bought a nano. oks lang kaya lang nawala eh. somehow i dont miss it parang good riddance pa nga, coz sa nokia Mp3 drag and drop lang, sa TVix drag and drop din.

less complications, more fun!

but i'm counting on the multi-touch technology feature of these devices. imagine putting this in a 24" Imac screen. wow! puwede na ako mag-paint using fingers

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ipod Touch and Ipod in general is like an IT department. You have to do the dirty work in the back-end to make it easy in the front-end and the user.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I'm going to wait for the iPhone na lang.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kagabi nagturo ulit ako kay utol ng comvertion at sync, and just noticed like the previous ipods. 21k doesn't even include a CHARGER!!! you have to plug it to you pc para mag charge, another stup!d ...ay clever marketing by apple pala. kasi bayad ka extra for a charger...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by edzzz View Post
    Ipod Touch and Ipod in general is like an IT department. You have to do the dirty work in the back-end to make it easy in the front-end and the user.

So you're saying iPod/iTunes is the Windows of the portable gadget world? He He.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    yup hirap yan conversion pa to other formats. got an Ipod video once, kino-convert ko pa only to find out later from Mp4 dvd quality naging vcd quality pa.
    You have to remember that videos for these are designed for tiny screens. If you're using an iPod thinking it can have super-hi quality video, then you're using it for the wrong reasons. It's a portable (with emphasis on portable) media player nothing more. The video out is more of an afterthought.

The tiny videos look great on the iPod (and PSP for me). I'm having a field day saving "tiny" videos from YouTube for conversion to mp4.

OT: By the way for those keeping track, episodes 1-16 of Starblazers: The Bolar Wars are at YouTube.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 20th, 2007 at 02:24 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    So you're saying iPod/iTunes is the Windows of the portable gadget world? He He.
    hehehe. I find iTunes so complicated kasi. Too much work to do before you enjoy it to your iPod. After lots of complex task and work sa data center, paguwi mo, you want simple things to be done like moving and copying songs. Oh well, its just me :D

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
New iPOD Touch!!!