New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    a couple of days ago it was still working.

now it wont read any king of CD.

how would i know if it needs replacement or just simple serving like cleaning etc.

tnx!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    if you know how to disassemble your laptop then open it up and check if there are stucked plastic or foreign items. Worst case, replace it w/ DVD +/- RW w/ lightscribe.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    simple...clean it muna...if it works then dumi lang

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    linis mo muna bro yong lens baka madumi lang.sabi nga nila if symptoms persists, go to the nearest computer shop and let them do the magic.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/

Step 1: Start Registry Editor

Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. Registry Editor starts.Step 2: Delete the UpperFilters registry entry

1.In Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.2.Expand SYSTEM, and then expand CurrentControlSet.3.Expand Control, and then expand Class.4.Under Class, click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.5.In the right pane (topic area), click UpperFilters.

Note An UpperFilters.bak registry entry may also appear. To delete the UpperFilters registry entry, you must click UpperFilters and not UpperFilters.bak.6.On the Edit menu, click Delete.7.When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm the deletion of the UpperFilters registry entry:Are you sure you want to delete this value?
    The UpperFilters registry entry is removed from the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry subkey.

Note Do not exit Registry Editor. You must have this program for the next step.Step 3: Delete the LowerFilters registry entry

1.In Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.2.Expand SYSTEM, and then expand CurrentControlSet.3.Expand Control, and then expand Class.4.Under Class, click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.5.In the right pane (topic area), click LowerFilters.

Note An LowerFilters.bak registry entry may also appear. To delete the LowerFilters registry entry, you must click LowerFilters and not LowerFilters.bak.6.On the Edit menu, click Delete.7.When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm the deletion of the LowerFilters registry entry:Are you sure you want to delete this value?
    The LowerFilters registry entry is removed from the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry subkey.8.Exit Registry Editor.Step 4: Restart the computer

************if this still doesnt work go to device manager look for the name of the drive then go to google search a firmware update for it. In my case Ill google "HP DVD Writer 640c firmware" download it install then restart.

************if nothing still go to the manufacturers website look for the service manual - look for how to remove the cdrom drive out of the notebook - remove it put it back in then try again.

If this all fails claim for the warranty

****dont even try to do this if the drive is working properly*******

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ok will try the microsoft procedure.

was able to remove the CD player last night but was not able to to anything significant.

i hope it gets fixed this time.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pakupakupaku View Post
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/

Step 1: Start Registry Editor

Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. Registry Editor starts.Step 2: Delete the UpperFilters registry entry

1.In Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.2.Expand SYSTEM, and then expand CurrentControlSet.3.Expand Control, and then expand Class.4.Under Class, click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.5.In the right pane (topic area), click UpperFilters.

Note An UpperFilters.bak registry entry may also appear. To delete the UpperFilters registry entry, you must click UpperFilters and not UpperFilters.bak.6.On the Edit menu, click Delete.7.When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm the deletion of the UpperFilters registry entry:Are you sure you want to delete this value?
    The UpperFilters registry entry is removed from the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry subkey.

Note Do not exit Registry Editor. You must have this program for the next step.Step 3: Delete the LowerFilters registry entry

1.In Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.2.Expand SYSTEM, and then expand CurrentControlSet.3.Expand Control, and then expand Class.4.Under Class, click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.5.In the right pane (topic area), click LowerFilters.

Note An LowerFilters.bak registry entry may also appear. To delete the LowerFilters registry entry, you must click LowerFilters and not LowerFilters.bak.6.On the Edit menu, click Delete.7.When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm the deletion of the LowerFilters registry entry:Are you sure you want to delete this value?
    The LowerFilters registry entry is removed from the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry subkey.8.Exit Registry Editor.Step 4: Restart the computer

************if this still doesnt work go to device manager look for the name of the drive then go to google search a firmware update for it. In my case Ill google "HP DVD Writer 640c firmware" download it install then restart.

************if nothing still go to the manufacturers website look for the service manual - look for how to remove the cdrom drive out of the notebook - remove it put it back in then try again.

If this all fails claim for the warranty

****dont even try to do this if the drive is working properly*******
    this is the 1st troubleshooting step that i can think of. deleting the upper and lower filters from the registry.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Im facing same problems as well... Ayaw mag write ang laptop ko :sad:

Everytime I want to burn a disc, sabi sa Nero completed pero once I put it again, walang laman. :sad:
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i also discovered the problem while using nero.

the program said insert disc when in fact there is a disc inside the drive already.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    do you have original cds? try testing them first.

wait, may nero drivespeed ka ba? try mong iset ung read speed nya to a very low speed (say 4x). para mapabasa man lang, pero sa tingin ko kelangan ng paltan nyan.
    Last edited by A121; September 6th, 2007 at 09:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
is my laptop's DVD-ROM busted?