New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Im facing same problems as well... Ayaw mag write ang laptop ko :sad:

Everytime I want to burn a disc, sabi sa Nero completed pero once I put it again, walang laman. :sad:
    Try burning using windows media player- if it doesnt burn try to burn while your notebook is standing on its side(changing the center of gravity), although support the LCD frame while doing it, because if it burns successfully then its a mechanical defect maybe the lens is worned out or the spring below the lens.

Try disabling nero on startup - or just disable everything on startup - Start->run->msconfig
    uncheck Load Startup items - restart, then try again(this will disable your firewall and antivirus if you have one just reinstall it if you want it back on startup).

Or go to the startup tab then uncheck anything on the list that says nero.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks sir... Will try to do it when I get back at home.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    magkano ba ang DVD writer for laptops?

kaya ba ng pentium 3 ang DVD writers?

ayaw pa din magbasa nung DVD-ROM nung laptop ko eh. ndi ko tuloy ma burn yung movies na download ko hehehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mga 3-5k slim

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    malamang sira na lens nyan, gaano na ba katagal yan?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritBeing View Post
    malamang sira na lens nyan, gaano na ba katagal yan?

i got it from my brother more than a year ago but the laptop itself i think is about 4 to 5 years old na.

i am suspecting the lens might the culprit also.

if i reinstall the OS and other programs, will there be a chance ng gumana siya? this is assuming na ndi lens yung problem.

tnx!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i had the same problem before. tried cleaning, wa epek. i had it replaced na lang with dvd-rw for 2.5t. if your drive is old then it need replacement.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i definitely have to change the DVD-ROM.

i opened the drive itself and found out that the brown-colored ribbon connected to the lens is already torn maybe due to normal wear and tear.

this happened to my portable CD player before.

what brand do you recommend? can a pentium 3 support a DVD writer?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OT

Ayaw mag read ng dvd-rom ko pag maglagay ako ng cd. Kapag naglagay ba ako ng external DVD-rom ay pwede na gamitin kahit sira yung dvd-rom sa loob ng laptop?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    OT

Ayaw mag read ng dvd-rom ko pag maglagay ako ng cd. Kapag naglagay ba ako ng external DVD-rom ay pwede na gamitin kahit sira yung dvd-rom sa loob ng laptop?

Yes. If your built-in DVD drive is broken, you can use an external USB DVD drive to access your CDs and DVDs. In our office, I have a USB DVD drive in case anyone needs to access a CD or DVD. I have long stopped equipping office PCs with CDroms and fdd. Waste of money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
is my laptop's DVD-ROM busted?