The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Glad your sis liked it.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    Php 34,900 yung standard package (wala pang OS). nabigyan ng 1k discount kasi cash. forgot to ask kung magkano nagastos sa upgrade.

ok na ok daw performance sabi ng sister ko, kaya na ang 1080p videos sa youtube/VLC player thanks to the i3 processor and ati 1gb video.
    thanks for the info.. i'm getting the K52JR, unfortunately out of stock sya..

waiting mode muna..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Baka lumabas na rin ang K42F at K52F (Core i5 series). Hopefully with the same price.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    meron na K42F sa villman.. core i3/2gb/320hd pero intel gma hd lang at di ati.. priced * 35.8k..

wait ko na lang stocks ng k52jr unless maglabas ng k52f with core i5 at almost the same price (wish ko lang).. hehe

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    i5 for the price of i3? Highly unlikely. More so, this Asus Kx2 series is still selling very well here.

Even in the Acer lineup, all things equal, the one with the i5 cpu is still more expensive by Php5K or so.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Konti pa lang kasi meron. Pag nagkaroon na ng saturation ng market, babagsak sa real prices yan. Medyo bloated pa kasi at this time.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Negus, I'm a believer of the durability of ASUS notebooks and their excellence in keeping the whole computer cool to touch despite long hours of operation. Acers suck at those departments. Their products often disintegrate to bits after a year or two. I know because I was foolish enough to buy two. hehe.

Acer has a slightly better processor, Core i5 but the Asus K42 series will also have Core i5 soon if you can wait for it.
    i recommend ASUS also. First tested the performance ASUS way back 2001 which convince me to buy another one last 2007 A8FM model. I have been using it since then for fieldwork and officework and it never disappointed so far till now. Bought another model for wifey (Dell Inspiron) just enough for her daily acitivities like chat, social networking, smartparenting sites etc. Napansin ko lang sa mga ASUS model is yung mechanical assembly nila like the monitor hinges, ito yung nasira sa previous model and yung A8FM model ko which prompt me to send it to service center and have it replaced. Other than good feedback na lahat. Hope new ASUS model overcomes this weakness.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroi View Post
    here it is... MSI CR400 / CX420 SERIES

an ASUS K42JR would be a better buy (as Sir Horsepower suggested)...
    Asus K42JR Intel® Core™ i3-350M Processor (3M Cache, 2.26GHz), 14in. HD 16:9 (1366x768) LED Display, 2Gb DDR3 Memory, 320Gb 7200RPM, ATI 5470 1.0Gb DDR3 VRAM - 35,500

a bit cheaper alternative is this..
    Acer Aspire AS4740G-332G32Mn Intel® Core™ i3-330M + 2Gb DDR3 + 320Gb + NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M with 512Mb of dedicated DDR3 VRAM - 34,300

but imho, if she's not into gaming, a unit with integrated graphics would suffice..

HTH

Thanks bros. My nephew ended up buying a Lenovo with Intel i3 processor, 320GB HD and 2GB Memory for P31K....

9606:hippie:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    where to buy?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Here's my rather sad experience with my less than a month old K42jr. It crashed two weeks ago and would not re-start. Sent it to the retailer and was told the mobo was busted and needed parts. Asked about the possibility of changing to a new laptop, the retailer said they'll see if it can be repaired first. Recieved the repaired unit yesterday but now the unit shows artifacting green spots. They only disappear when placed in battery mode or when the video card is only working at half the capacity. Will return the unit to the retailer on monday. If the retailer does change the laptop to a new one, there's another problem with the Windows 7 which I bought from the same retailer...

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service. My name is Sarah and I would like to address your enquiry regarding on Microsoft Windows 7 License.

Based on your email, you mentioned that your motherboard had problem so you may replace the whole unit. You would like to know whether your Windows 7 License may be transferred to the new computer. If this is not correct, please let me know.

Based on the Product Key given;
    XXX_XXX_XXX_XXXX
    You are having Windows 7 Home Premium OEM.

If you are having an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) license, you would not be able to transfer the license to another computer, particularly with a different motherboard, if you would like to use the same license , you need to purchase a new license for the other computer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
looking for laptop under 30k