New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Well, if you don't need it naman, don't buy kasi natuwa ka lang sa low price. Your house will quickly fill up with "junk" that way

Then you'll have to have a garbage... este, garage sale to get rid of all the clutter.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    I've heard that the there are only 3-4 companies that actually produce the LED screens & interior components, so they're all pretty much the same.

An appliance technician once told me he serviced a "no name" brand and was surprised it had the same parts from a Sony TV.

Of course, the frame, parts & remote of the generic ones appear cheap & "plasticky" compared to that of a Samsung curved screen TV, but that's reasonable naman. It would be like comparing the interior of a Hyundai I10 to a Tucson...

===
    I bought a 40 inch Hisense TV for my living room, and one of the smaller 20 something inchers as the monitor for our CCTV's. Its been over 2 years and they're still working well naman *knock wood*.
    I have hisense too, it was recommended by a Tsikoteer

I wonder what that no name brand TV with same parts as Sony is. But I don't like Sony anymore, not as indestructible as they were before the 2000s.

Kakatempt the cheap TVs on Lazada and Shopee. Thinking of replacing our Jurassic Samsung CRT TV sa dirty kitchen. It takes up so much space and I think my fat lab will enjoy watching on LED more [emoji14]

Is it true mas malakas daw sa kuryente CRT?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    build quality dropped in some of our appliances, when they shifted manufacture / assembly from japan to china or elsewhere.

"made in japan" is the gold standard for me.

power requirement is less by 20-30%. daw.
    you will feel it if you have a significant number of units and/or you use them extensively thruout the day.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 9th, 2018 at 09:47 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I have hisense too, it was recommended by a Tsikoteer

I wonder what that no name brand TV with same parts as Sony is. But I don't like Sony anymore, not as indestructible as they were before the 2000s.

Kakatempt the cheap TVs on Lazada and Shopee. Thinking of replacing our Jurassic Samsung CRT TV sa dirty kitchen. It takes up so much space and I think my fat lab will enjoy watching on LED more [emoji14]

on paper 20-40% power savings

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    I've heard that the there are only 3-4 companies that actually produce the LED screens & interior components, so they're all pretty much the same.

An appliance technician once told me he serviced a "no name" brand and was surprised it had the same parts from a Sony TV.

Of course, the frame, parts & remote of the generic ones appear cheap & "plasticky" compared to that of a Samsung curved screen TV, but that's reasonable naman. It would be like comparing the interior of a Hyundai I10 to a Tucson...
    Quality control is what separates known brand from generic ones.

Sabi nga ng tropa ko na quality control officer sa China, pag known brands ang client hindi pwede ang "pwede na yan". Pag Chinese lang, yung konting defect "pwede pa yan".

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016

Our 29" CRT is rated at 180w, our 55" LED is rated at 135w.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Our 29" CRT is rated at 180w, our 55" LED is rated at 135w.
    55" TV! Wow. That's humongous!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Scrap the crt, baka malaki pa gastos sa kuryente kesa sa mismong TV. Devant is also a cheaper but good brand.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Scrap the crt, baka malaki pa gastos sa kuryente kesa sa mismong TV. Devant is also a cheaper but good brand.
    Our barely-used Devant grew a vertical black line in the middle of the screen after 4 years.

Our tied-to-the-Playstation Skyworth with an IPS screen is still going strong after 6 years.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016

We started with TCL 29" crt, then the 40" Sony cabinet type crt also, then 55" LED Toshiba, when you buy big, it's hard to watch from a small tv. Now we want our next to be 60" at least, it's a good thing, big tv's are not that expensive now.

Imagine back then, that 40" Sony could have bought 2 units 55" LED Toshiba, may sukli pa pang Jollibee. I'm guessing, the 60" now is much cheaper than our current 55" LED.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast