New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Hope you can help me.
    Between LG, samsung, haier, tcl, devant, w/c one gets your vote?

If the price difference is only +/- 2k, what will you get?

For my budget I can get LG/samsung LED. Pretty standard features for 2 well known brands that dominate the market.

Going with the 3 other brands though, my budget should get me a smart tv na. Web capable na like youtube, browser, etc.

Is the difference in quality that huge? What are your experiences? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I'll go for Devant led value for money 2nd tv in our bedroom ang nagustuhan Ko pa sa devant lahat format video nabasa nya. Magbudget ka din maglagay Ng voltage regulator. Kc sa katagalan nagkakaron ng hiwa Yung sa screen.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Trust me when I say that browsing the internet through your smart TV will give you nightmares. It's THAT bad.

I recently won a 40" Samsung UHD smart TV from a Christmas party raffle. And before that, we also have a 42" LG smart TV from 3 years ago. Between the two, the Samsung was more workable... at least it has Netflix (which has become relevant, now that the service has recently became available in the PH) and other streaming apps. But the browser is practically unusable.... it's just too cumbersome to use. Just pick up your phone/tablet/laptop to browse.

The LG's smart TV features are even more unbearable. In fact, if I can go back in time, I would trade it to a 47" non-smart TV.

My advice... Don't believe all the marketing materials. Try the TV's out. Try to visualize yourself using the features at home. If you have a genuine need for it, go get it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hmm devant, skyworth or tcl, kung ako sayo wag smart tv bilhin mo mas mura sya ng 3-5k, aanhin mo smart tv eh meron namang computer para maka pag browse
    1 year ago bumili ako ng 32" skyworth worth 10k+
    Ngayong january tcl naman 42" worth 16k+
    Last edited by NiCe2KnowU; January 10th, 2016 at 08:15 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Trust me when I say that browsing the internet through your smart TV will give you nightmares. It's THAT bad.

I recently won a 40" Samsung UHD smart TV from a Christmas party raffle. And before that, we also have a 42" LG smart TV from 3 years ago. Between the two, the Samsung was more workable... at least it has Netflix (which has become relevant, now that the service has recently became available in the PH) and other streaming apps. But the browser is practically unusable.... it's just too cumbersome to use. Just pick up your phone/tablet/laptop to browse.

The LG's smart TV features are even more unbearable. In fact, if I can go back in time, I would trade it to a 47" non-smart TV.

My advice... Don't believe all the marketing materials. Try the TV's out. Try to visualize yourself using the features at home. If you have a genuine need for it, go get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Arz View Post
    I'll go for Devant led value for money 2nd tv in our bedroom ang nagustuhan Ko pa sa devant lahat format video nabasa nya. Magbudget ka din maglagay Ng voltage regulator. Kc sa katagalan nagkakaron ng hiwa Yung sa screen.
    Thanks for the valuable inputs.

I particularly liked your explanation with your not too good experiences with smart tvs.

If i really really wanted to stream youtube or play games then I guess I can just get a chromecast stick.

Im curious sa haier. Its a chinese brand pala. Same as tcl. Are they any good?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Baka naman mabagal internet mo sir? At least 3MBps dapat at stable connection.Me konting buffer yun kung mag youtube ka. 6MBps wala na buffer yun. hd quality na, UHD sa 6MBps.LG user ako since 2011. Yun 1st tv ko power supply lang ang nasira. Pinalitan ng LG ng pyesa. Ang maganda sa LG hindi sila ang rerepair, pinapalitan nila yun buong pyesa, example kung board yun sira, buong board ang ipapalit nila, as long as under warranty unit mo. Nag upgrade ako early 2015 LG uHD smart Tv. Nagulat ako sa feature, para syang android cellphone. WebOs ang nakalagay, pwede kabitan ng wireless KB and mouse., me accessory din na camera. Wala ako masabi sa web browsing nito, dami rin apps na pwede install.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    4 big panels, get with 4k upscaler. Super linaw ng hd(1080p) channels ng skycable.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Re: watching youtube on smart tv, you have to try it yourself since they most likely have differnt UI implementations. My unit is android based and its bearable since you can login via google and browse through your YT subscriptions.

Not really a fan of samsung since our old unit died in just three years, others' opinion might vary though. My mother replaced her samsung with a TCL unit. Like Devant, their features are more bang to the buck with respect to the price. Pushed for an LG but she was pleased with having a 55 in TV on her living room. Not happy with how color is produced, but it seems durable enough, as its already 3 yrs old now used daily. I was to.get a Devant myself but Christmas discounts on Anson led me to another brand

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by icebergX View Post
    Baka naman mabagal internet mo sir? At least 3MBps dapat at stable connection.Me konting buffer yun kung mag youtube ka. 6MBps wala na buffer yun. hd quality na, UHD sa 6MBps.LG user ako since 2011. Yun 1st tv ko power supply lang ang nasira. Pinalitan ng LG ng pyesa. Ang maganda sa LG hindi sila ang rerepair, pinapalitan nila yun buong pyesa, example kung board yun sira, buong board ang ipapalit nila, as long as under warranty unit mo. Nag upgrade ako early 2015 LG uHD smart Tv. Nagulat ako sa feature, para syang android cellphone. WebOs ang nakalagay, pwede kabitan ng wireless KB and mouse., me accessory din na camera. Wala ako masabi sa web browsing nito, dami rin apps na pwede install.
    Saw the LG webOS. Mukang okay nga, its actually one of my considerations altho lampas ng onti sa budget.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Im curious sa haier. Its a chinese brand pala. Same as tcl. Are they any good?[/QUOTE]

Got a HAIER 40 Inches last May 2015 for the sala. Bang for the buck for a smart TV, medyo bagal lang refresh rate but overall satisfied for 15Kphp price

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast