New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If the power adapter is really dead, then it wouldn't matter. But, did you try the little things first such as keeping the power button pressed down for a minute?
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    ^yup, try to do a power cycle first.
    I already did that. The cord of the adapter is worn out na rin e. When villmam used a different adapter it worked

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 6th, 2016 at 11:44 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
    You can go there as a walk-in customer. Yes may pay parking yun phil plans bldg. Just tell the guard that you have a transaction at msi. When do you plan to go? Punta ko dun this week.
    Thanks. Not sure yet. I'll keep on calling. I really wanna avoid going there only to find out that they don't have stock of the adaptor

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I already did that. The cord of the adapter is worn out na rin e. When villmam used a different adapter it worked

If your laptop is common, someone may have the (universal) power adapter for your laptop model. From my experience, more often than not, it's not on stock (especially older models). I often ended up buying one through mail order. My kid's HP laptop is on its third power adapter and my 2007 Toshiba is on its second.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If your laptop is common, someone may have the (universal) power adapter for your laptop model. From my experience, more often than not, it's not on stock (especially older models). I often ended up buying one through mail order. My kid's HP laptop is on its third power adapter and my 2007 Toshiba is on its second.
    It's Lenovo G470. They said I need an adapter that is 20v (3.25 mah). What's a good brand of adapter?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Please help me in what type of adapter I should get

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Please help me in what type of adapter I should get

If you want the same exact power brick, look up the model number of your power brick (PA-1650-56LC) and use that information. If you want any replacement (aka universal) power brick, just type your laptop brand and model number + "replacement AC adapter" in Google. I'd be surprised if a shop has your power adapter. Where I am, it was always "special order." Might as well order it myself.

My kid is on her third power brick. She broke the original and the first replacement because she kept bending or crimping the thin cable where it comes out of the brick. I told her if she's not more careful, that's it. She's on her own.

Anyway, you can try these. I have no experience dealing with PH shops. I can't vouch for their authenticity.

Lenovo 2V 3.25A 65W original AC adapter (charger) | Ikaw Na Buy and sell Philippines Free Classified ads

Lenovo 2V 3.25A 65W original AC adapter (charger) For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) Lenovo 2V 3.25A 65W original AC adapter (charger) On OLX

Actually, it's the same guy on two different ads.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 7th, 2016 at 05:58 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    You can also buy a universal adapter, its usually a little cheaper and works just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks! I think I'll just buy a universal adapter. Villman had one with different "heads" but the guy said it's not compatible with mine because it's 70 watts.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks! I think I'll just buy a universal adapter. Villman had one with different "heads" but the guy said it's not compatible with mine because it's 70 watts.

Make sure the universal power adapter mentions compatibility with your exact laptop brand and model and/or the PA-1650-56LC. I mean the sales associates probably know what they're doing. But, it wouldn't hurt to make sure.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Sira yung adaptor. Does anyone know where I can buy a lenovo adaptor? Wala kasi sa Villman.

You can try sa Glorietta, 3rd floor halos katapat ng BPI branch na kahilera ng Buffet 101.

I forgot the shop name pero nag iisa lang kasi sya dun na mapapansin mo na halos parts and phone accessories ang tinda sa wing na yan. Makikita mo din sa display nila sa loob puro mga adaptors.

Twice na ako nakabili sa kanila one for Asus laptop and another one for HP...

Sent via Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast