New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    hingiin ko sana yung specific brand na nagamit nyo na para may feedback, generator? power station? power brick? or kung anuman na set up.. thank you po..
    Thinkpads X1C, X250 & up, most newer laptops have USB type-C power delivery/thunderbolt port.

Just buy a proper length 90W type-C straight cable and 12V car PD 4.0 adapter and you're instant mobile in the car.

Meron narin 65Watter PD power banks, they automatically handshake if 5V, 12V, 19V ang ibibigay sa compatible device.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I recently bought a laptop and there is this battery charge cycle limiting option of 80% full charge should I enable it to extend the battery life?
    Yes if you have access to power outlet most of the time ...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I have that feature and set it to 60% charge. I think it's the same reason why they ship smartphone at half charge, to prolong its life. Yun lang pag blackout I only have 1 hour or less to remain online. I should probably turn the feature off this typhoon season.
    If storing phones for long periods ... best to have less than 80% charge ... never full charge ...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I see.... I tried to enable it and it really stops at 80% charge. How about for mobile phones? I always charge it 100% there is no feature to limit the charging.
    You can program iOS to speak when charge is 80% or above ... using automation in shortcuts ...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    If it's just the bare essentials.... laptop, fan, lights, and to charge your phone/tablet, a small 800-1200W inverter generator is sufficient.

https://shopee.ph/ORIGINAL-DAIDEN-Po...0-d599cdc95bf5
    This is exactly what I need. Thank you for the recommendation.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    If storing phones for long periods ... best to have less than 80% charge ... never full charge ...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You can program iOS to speak when charge is 80% or above ... using automation in shortcuts ...
    Okay, Im using android i will try if it works with google voice.

6. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    If it's just the bare essentials.... laptop, fan, lights, and to charge your phone/tablet, a small 800-1200W inverter generator is sufficient.

https://shopee.ph/ORIGINAL-DAIDEN-Po...0-d599cdc95bf5
    Thank you dito Sir, pwede kong option yung post nyo..
    Pero, mukhang nakakita na ako ng workaround - - isi-set up ko pa..
    Kung matagal na brown out (like days) papasok naman ako office or leave na lang kung baha sa dadaanan..
    Kapag natama lang kapag WFH and may meeting na importante same day tapos bigla nag-brown out.. Kaya hindi ko naman need nung heavy duty na alternative power source, ok na ako sa 6-7 hours, mukhang dun sa workaround ko pwede na..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
laptop power question