CDRKING sells a UPS for around P1,600.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    CDRKING sells a UPS for around P1,600.
    ok will check it out at the vmall outlet

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ok lang w/o the laptop battery; we usually remove the battery to reduce the weight (since the battery is busted and the office hasn't gotten around to buying a replacement)

a note about UPSes: the entry level ones tend to conk out pretty fast, something like 1 year plus lang. Medyo unstable talaga ung power sa office, so that may be a contributing factor, pero we had one batch os APC UPSes that conked out -- di lang ung battery, pati ung circuitry tinamaan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    a note about UPSes: the entry level ones tend to conk out pretty fast, something like 1 year plus lang. Medyo unstable talaga ung power sa office, so that may be a contributing factor, pero we had one batch os APC UPSes that conked out -- di lang ung battery, pati ung circuitry tinamaan.
    In my experience with UPS devices including the APC brand, you need to change the battery every 1 to 2 years to keep it running well.

I have a couple of no-brand 500VA UPS and they still work after ten years. I just replace the battery every 1.5 years. We also have a few APC UPS units at the office and two of them have their circuits damaged beyond repair.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir gh, anong brand gamit nyo? Galit na ako sa APC ngayon B)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    In my case, APC has been very reliable. Got 5 of em at home; Two Smart-UPS, two RS and one CS.

The Smart ones are more than 8 y/o.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    sir gh, anong brand gamit nyo? Galit na ako sa APC ngayon B)
    I just buy whatever is available at PC Express. I don't remember if was the Apollo or Intex UPS

Bought them less than a year ago, costing at around P1,400 each for 600VA rating, it's a pretty good deal. So far they've done a good job with the recent power blackouts we are having at the office.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    This statement might be true but I will not trust.
    The battery of my 6-mos old brand new acquired acer was damaged after 2-mos all time plugged on ac power with battery connected (was used for ******* files download/seed days and nites, 24/7). I learned my lesson so now I remove the battery if use at home using ac power connection. I use the battery twice a week just to fully discharge then recharge to keep it at top condition.
    [SIZE=2]Busted batteries after 6months is quite extraordinary, you should have it replaced Acer has 1yr warranty including batteries. Yours maybe not isolated because my co-worker have this issue also with Acer and battery was replaced.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Also check temperature, sir OJ88 is right high temp wears batteries fast. Although in my office lappy are used in controlled environment there are still some lemon batteries, even batteries that burst into flames. I think if you are running for 24-hrs operation and usually unattended, it is safer to remove batteries but with the provision of a reliable UPS.[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    In my experience with UPS devices including the APC brand, you need to change the battery every 1 to 2 years to keep it running well.

I have a couple of no-brand 500VA UPS and they still work after ten years. I just replace the battery every 1.5 years. We also have a few APC UPS units at the office and two of them have their circuits damaged beyond repair.
    how much naman po cost ng battery for the ups?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    while on the ups topic, what does the UPS with 600va mean? since it has multiple sockets, how many laptops/desktops can it power up?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
laptop power question