New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    i recently bought a laptop... i noticed that the bottom portion really gets hot... is it necessary to have a cooling pad? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ i think so... it helps in heat dissepation.
    i am using one myself.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I just bought an aluminun-type notebook holder. Works ok and cheaper too.
    Last edited by Negus; April 8th, 2009 at 09:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    i recently bought a laptop... i noticed that the bottom portion really gets hot... is it necessary to have a cooling pad? TIA
    not necessarily a cooling pad. You can use anything that can lift the back or whole laptop off the table to give it an extra space under it for better ventilation. Even an old pelota ball cut in half is handy to prop up the rear of a laptop.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ^ i think so... it helps in heat dissepation.
    i am using one myself.

+1...i am using the transparent one.

sir kung Intel Celeron lappy mo normal po na malakas mag-init.

OT....sir 1D4LV did u check the direction of airflow? sa akin pabuga before but binaliktad ko kci dapat hihigupin nya ung heat pababa/palabas ng lappy.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I use one. The cheapest from CD-R King with two fans. It does do its job

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    a cooling pad adds stress to the psu of the laptop unless you use those usb-power outlet converter

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ruelsdcz View Post
    +1...i am using the transparent one.

sir kung Intel Celeron lappy mo normal po na malakas mag-init.

OT....sir 1D4LV did u check the direction of airflow? sa akin pabuga before but binaliktad ko kci dapat hihigupin nya ung heat pababa/palabas ng lappy.

yup, binaliktad ko din palabas.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sometimes they do more harm coz they interfere with the normal airflow of the internal cooling fans

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Targus cool pad for my Dell Laptop, works great, 2 fans sucks air away and to the back, USB and you can't tell if it is on or off, very silent, low profile and matches the color of my Inspiron 1420. It will add about half an inch to the thickness of the your laptop.

On the other hand, I bought the Belkin cool pad for my wife's HP dv2715nr. Not only it blows air towards the laptop, it is very noisy couldn't stand it!!! single fan, USB and doesn't have on/off switch. Not low profile, it is curve and if you don't pull the rear stand it will rock back and fort. It will add about 2+ inches to the height of your laptop. Wife doesn't use it.

Last edited by Camgen6; April 14th, 2009 at 10:39 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Laptop Cooling Pad