New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ruelsdcz View Post
    +1...i am using the transparent one.

sir kung Intel Celeron lappy mo normal po na malakas mag-init.

OT....sir 1D4LV did u check the direction of airflow? sa akin pabuga before but binaliktad ko kci dapat hihigupin nya ung heat pababa/palabas ng lappy.
    Ok...so yung pahigop palabas is better than pabuga to the notebook is better. I though my notebook cooler is blowing air reverse. . Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    Ok...so yung pahigop palabas is better than pabuga to the notebook is better. I though my notebook cooler is blowing air reverse. . Thanks!
    Yeah dapat ang cooler pad eh sucks hot air away from your laptop.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post

On the other hand, I bought the Belkin cool pad for my wife's HP dv2715nr. Not only it blows air towards the laptop, it is very noisy couldn't stand it!!! single fan, USB and doesn't have on/off switch. Not low profile, it is curve and if you don't pull the rear stand it will rock back and fort. It will add about 2+ inches to the height of your laptop. Wife doesn't use it.

it's a good thing that i didn't buy this although i have a discount coupon for the Belkin cooling pad... i might end up not using this also if it's that noisy.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    i recently bought a laptop... i noticed that the bottom portion really gets hot... is it necessary to have a cooling pad? TIA
    Only if :
    1. you can tolerate the additional bulk (and weight) in your bag
    2. the 15 or so minutes less battery life (when untethered, of course) is fine with you
    3. the noise is tolerable
    4. (NOT RECOMMENDED) your laptop/notebook PC's fan got busted and it can't be fixed RIGHT AWAY and you need to use the laptop
    5. you have to use the pc on your lap/stomach (I rarely do, it restricts my movement, but when i do, i use a box or some other flat material to shield my skin from its heat and to prevent blocking its airflow)

HTH.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I know someday I will be needing to fight the heat that's been coming out of my notebook.

After looking at the different cooling products out in the market, I find it too impractical to buy something that will just add bulk and defeat portabilty of my computer.

So I ended up buying Laptop legs by LapWorks. Here's what it looks like:
    http://the-gadgeteer.com/2005/04/14/...p_legs_review/

It may not be for everyone's needs but it fills mine to the T.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ^^^ Too expensive for me.

BTW, aren't they too thin to use on your lap for extended periods? I'm thinking they'll leave deep marks on my thighs.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    a cooling pad adds stress to the psu of the laptop unless you use those usb-power outlet converter
    I have been using mine for years like this..and my 3 yr old notebook does not exhibit any signs of stress..

However, I tried installing an external powersupply, but since I use the 4 USB port included in the cooler, I am not sure if it is really using the external power supply instead of the Notebook's USB power.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    Doesn't that interfere with the normal airflow of your laptops?

The normal flow is this: COOL AIR is sucked IN through the air vents on the bottom, which goes through the ducts and out the side vent/s. If you reverse the airflow of your cooling fans, you'll be interfering with the normal airflow. Why not just help the laptop's fan/s? After all, the residual air will go out the sides anyway.

My 2 cents.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Doesn't that interfere with the normal airflow of your laptops?

The normal flow is this: COOL AIR is sucked IN through the air vents on the bottom, which goes through the ducts and out the side vent/s. If you reverse the airflow of your cooling fans, you'll be interfering with the normal airflow. Why not just help the laptop's fan/s? After all, the residual air will go out the sides anyway.

My 2 cents.
    I also thought it was that way..but it does makes sense. The Notebook's fan fools the CPU of the notebook by sucking air from the bottom of the Notebook. Therefore, the cooler the air at the bottom of the notebook..the better it is. Either putting the notebook inclined or giving more space at the bottom will also do the trick. Laptop coolers will do it better.

Now, if the laptop cooler is blowing (instead of sucking) air into the bottom of the notebook, there is a tendency for dust to accumulate at the bottom and clog the inlet of the notebooks fan.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It also helps to clean your laptop's cooling system by opening it up and cleaning its parts.

After a while, all that compacted dust will form into cotton-like things blocking the airflow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Laptop Cooling Pad