New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Go For a Vaio or a Dell. Hp is good too and Toshibas. Don't buy laptops that isn't being sold worldwide.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Performance: i5-2430m is better than i3-2330m (both are Sandy Bridge)

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M is better than Intel® HD Graphics

For normal PC use, the difference in performance and graphics between these two laptops is negligible.

The deciding factors are aesthetics and cost of the laptop. Which laptop looks better to you? Are you willing to pay more for it?
    Last edited by donbuggy; January 23rd, 2013 at 12:26 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Performance: i5-2430m is better than i3-2330m (both are Sandy Bridge)

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M is better than Intel® HD Graphics

For normal PC use, the difference in performance and graphics between these two laptops is negligible.

The deciding factors are aesthetics and cost of the laptop. Which laptop looks better to you? Are you willing to pay more for it?
    I love the aesthetics and the backlit keyboard of the i5 unit, but I am not willing to pay an extra 10k for it if the difference in performance and graphics is negligible for normal PC use.

Thanks for everyone for helping me make my decision

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Samsung Note 2 LTE battery sucks. It barely survive a day even if you are not a heavy user.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Samsung Note 2 LTE battery sucks. It barely survive a day even if you are not a heavy user.

akala ko mahaba battery life ng Note II?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got to see and handle the ASUS VivoBook X202E awhile ago and came away pretty impressed.

For Php 25.5k cash, you get an 11.6 in. laptop with brushed aluminum finish, Intel i3 processor, Windows 8, touchscreen capability, and 5 hours battery life (reasonable considering the size).

Consider that the entry level Apple Macbook Air at Php 47.9k and there's some serious consideration going for ASUS.

Thinking of retiring my old laptop for this now!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I got to see and handle the ASUS VivoBook X202E awhile ago and came away pretty impressed.

For Php 25.5k cash, you get an 11.6 in. laptop with brushed aluminum finish, Intel i3 processor, Windows 8, touchscreen capability, and 5 hours battery life (reasonable considering the size).

Consider that the entry level Apple Macbook Air at Php 47.9k and there's some serious consideration going for ASUS.

Thinking of retiring my old laptop for this now!

When I saw the Asus Vivobook, I was more impressed at the relatively low price they are selling it. Practically a steal at under P26K with the brushed aluminum chassis, Windows 8 and touchscreen features.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I'm deciding between 2 models priced at PHP30k and PHP40k

The differences are in red. Is it really worth the PHP10k price difference? I really like the backlit keyboard feature but I am hesitant to pay an additional PHP10k for that one feature that I like. And the other features may not be worth it since I only use my laptop to browse, email and download music from *******.

Toshiba Satellite L745(Red/Silver) L740(Black) 14-inch Notebook - i3-2330M/2G/640G/1G GT525M/Win 7 Basic

FREE: Toshiba 16-inch Carry Bag; Kingston 2GB Memory;DLINK Wireless Router DIR-605L

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i3-2330M processor (2.2GHz, 3MB Cache)
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic
    MEMORY 2GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
    DISPLAY SIZE 14.0" WXGA HD Clear SuperView LED Backlight TFT display (16:9), resolution 1,366 x 768
    GRAPHICS NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M (ext 1GB VRAM)
    HARD DISK DRIVE 640GB (SATA) with shock absorbers
    CD-ROM DRIVE DVD SuperMulti Double Layer Drive (DVD±RW/RAM)
    INTERFACES 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB (Sleep-and-Charge) Bluetooth V3.0 w/ high speed technology
    SOUND SYSTEM Stereo Speakers, 16-bit Stereo with Intel® High Definition Audio Support
    CAMERA Built-in Web Camera and SmartFace Technology

Toshiba Satellite E300-1006U (Champagne Gold) 14-inch Notebook PC - perfect blend of beauty and function

FREE: Toshiba 16-inch Carry Bag PHP39,984

In champagne gold with a sturdy aluminium chassis, this sleek and elegant Notebook PC is built with the perfect blend of beauty and function in mind - promising performance without compromising style. Also, with the Intel® Wireless Display - you can now experience seamless visuals with stunning quality that's matchless.

More than an electronic gadget, the Satellite E300 will become an an accessory that consumers won't be able to live without. Every bit beautiful, classy and elegant with the champagne gold facade and illuminated curved, tiled keyboard, Satellire E300 is a gorgeous machine to be seen in.

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i5-2430M processor (with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3GHz, 2.4GHz, 3MB Cache)
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
    MEMORY 4GB DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM
    DISPLAY SIZE 14.0" WXGA HD Clear SuperView LED Backlight TFT
    display (16:9), resolution 1,366 x 768
    GRAPHICS Intel® HD Graphics, up to 1696MB total available graphics memory
    HARD DISK DRIVE 640GB (SATA) with shock absorbers
    CD-ROM DRIVE DVD SuperMulti Double Layer Drive (DVD±RW/RAM)
    INTERFACES 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB (Sleep-and-Charge) Bluetooth V3.0 w/ high speed technology
    SOUND SYSTEM Stereo Speakers, 16-bit Stereo with Intel® High Definition Audio Support
    CAMERA Built-in Web Camera and SmartFace Technology

Toshiba Notebook PCs | VillMan Computers
    I have had two satellite a80 laptops and both had the same defects. Isa regalo sa akin ng isa kong pamangkin na OFW. The other is company-issued. Their hinges broke down agad after only about two years use. Service is not that good. The service center, Tricom, is fully aware that the hinges are the most common problem yet wala silang stock. kelangan pang mag order sa singapore. Putting the replacement hinges is very simple but ayaw nilang magbenta ng hinge lang. kelangan sa kanila ka din magpaservice. STAY AWAY FROM TOSHIBA IF I WERE YOU. I have been using Dell Inspiron for 3 years now and it seems very robust and rugged. So far wala problema.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I'll go with the i3 then upgrade ram. Ok na yung performance para sa akin.

Pero may aesthetics so medyo ok na choice yung i5.

Kung walang aesthetics at brand choice, Lenovo thinkpad sana. Maganda experience ko dito lalo na sa X61.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rukawa11 View Post
    kung bibili ka ng laptop yung walang O.S mas makakamura ka, kung bibili ka ng may O.S. na worth is 40k, nasa 34k-36k lang presyo nun kung walang O.S. na kasama, mahal kasi ang O.S, dimo naman kaylangan ng original kung ikaw lang gagamit.

kung toshiba bibilhin mo, hmmmm base sa experience namin madali masira HDD nyan.
    This is stupid. Hindi porket ikaw lang gagamit nung OS eh ok lang na hindi na orig. A fake OS leaves you more vulnerable to security threats since you don't get to update it via Windows Update.

BTT:

Choosing only one brand severely limits your choices. To be frank, brand bias with laptops is pointless for me. They run similar hardware underneath, and that's where you're supposed to base your decisions. Aesthetics plays a factor though, but I wouldn't get a slow but pretty laptop over an unassuming but well-speced one.

The Asus X202e that has been brought up seems to be a good fit to your needs. As a casual user, the relatively low clock speed shouldn't be an issue for you. That's still plenty fast for internet browsing or office work.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast