New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I can access everything on the web except for 2 sites that are important to me which are tsikot.com and talkingissues.economist.com.

Talk about BAD LUCK and BAD SERVICE! I called PLDT DSL last Monday telling them about my problem and how they need to fix it urgently because as a subscriber of the economist I am entitled to their weekly audio download that they update every friday. The deal is that if I miss downloading the audio file for this week, I cannot download it anymore unless I pay a premium. It's already wednesday and the clock is ticking.

PLDT:
    1. To the CSRs (who are guilty) - Please do not tell a customer you'd call back when you have no intention of doing so. I stayed home the rest of the day waiting for the call that never came. The trouble is that when I followed it up yesterday they told me that my complaint has already been received and making me feel like I am pestering them. (in other words parang ang kulit kulit ko)

2. Ever since you did that MIGRATION EWAN my DSL started to suck big time! My worst experience was I lost my DSL connection the time when I was working on my thesis and the deadline was near. What I found most irritating was the fact that PLDT cannot give me a time frame as to when it would be fixed. I ended up buying a prepaid card that I used for 2 weeks. If I didn't ask help from my classmate who works for PLDT (Out of desperation - Kinapalan ko na mukha kahit di kami close), it probably would have taken them DECADES to have me reconnected. Fast Forward a few months. HERE IT GOES AGAIN. When will this end?

I noticed that PLDT CSRs take complaints well. I guess they are already immune to all the shouting from irate customers. Maybe it would be better if PLDT just improved on their service. I don't wanna trouble my classmate anymore. I also hate not being able to visit tsikot on a daily basis

(I used to dial up to post this message)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. same old stuff from PLDT services. bago ba yang connection mo?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buti nalang naging OK na itong PLDT DSL ko after more than a year na sakit ng ulo. Need mo talaga ng kakilala sa PLDT, kahit mga lineman lang para mabilis ang action.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've been a subscriber for more or less 3 years. Service was really good until the "migration" project (reason they gave me) last quarter of 2007. After that service started to really really suck.

Wala bang taga PLDT dito? hehehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Maybe it's about time you leave PLDT dsl service and say hello to other internet connections.
    For example, Bayantel DSL which promises very reliable connections,
    or Smart BRO. I had my Smart Bro since January 2007 and never had any major trouble with it.
    The only problems I encountered with Smart Bro last year were the defective antenna, which they replaced immediately for free in no time, and 2 incidents of total internet blackout for 1 day each.
    Their service call center and the linemen/ installers were very competitive.
    Good luck with your PLDT dsl...
    cheers!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks. I'm just afraid that switching would cause me too much hassle and additional costs. hehe.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    meron problema dsl namin, ilang beses nako nagrereklamo, until after some months, found out na pasyente ko pala isang technician ng pldt, e di ayos mas mabilis na pag me problema, hehehe

kelangan talaga ng padrino

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think that the migration you're mentioning here is what they market as their NGN line (Next Generation) line, which is basically a fibreoptic connection from their Exchange to the main boxes, which are strategically placed in your neighborhood, so that you're "effectively near the Exchange".

It looks like there is a mismatch in the new main boxes vs. the connection to our homes in as far as datacomm is concerned. This could be the main reason why the DSL line doesn't work but voice is okay.

Got myself entangled on this issue too. It is a good thing that I was able to get out of the contract with a couple of "bruises" as they never delivered what they promised. They even were telling me that I have problems with the pre-installed telephone line connection inside our home, which I did not allow because I know that it was done properly.

Anyway, DSL connection was down a good number of times, and max speed was only 100kbps at times. Whew!

That is why some PLDT Techs are calling this NGN as "Not (a) Good Network.

5707:tumbleweed:

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I guess they are already immune to all the shouting from irate customers.
    i dont shout at CSRs. i try to talk to them calmly using simple sentences that would make them understand my problem easily. well, it works most of the time. the other night i called the CSR of marlboro and pldt because i cannot access and play the Levels Game. but the following day it was fixed but unfortunately my pack code was invalid. have to finish one pack of cigs again before i can play (FYI, it takes one week for me to finish one pack of yosi)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    have the same problem too with pldt here in ortigas area

mostly pag 2pm - 5pm madalas ang disconnection at an interval of 2mins

ive been calling their CSR's but all i hear is the same line everyday, that they alreasy received our report just a while ago, etc. etc that it has been forwarded to the technical group and their doing a line testing blah blah blah for 24 - 48 hours, imagine waiting for 48 hours just to have that line testing talk about customer service

pwede ba gawing reason to get out of the contract yung bad service ng pldt???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Pldt Dsl - Bad Luck, Bad Service