New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    We used to have 2 DSL lines at home (PLDT and Globe). I use the PLDT line exclusively for my computer (LAN). The Globe DSL line is used for WIFI. The Globe DSL was been cut already and I was left with the router that they provided before. I still want to use WIFI at home and I am wondering if I could use the Globe provided router or is that locked for Globe only (?) If not, can someone please teach me how to set it up?

I still want to be able to use my LAN for my computer at the same time have wifi. Please see the unit below (zyxel - pldt, blue - globe)

Thanks in Advance!
    You will not be able to connect Globe's CPE since it is not a stand-alone router. The DSL port of the modem is for DSL only not for Ethernet hence they use different connector RJ11 for DSL, RJ45 for Ethernet.

If you can tweak the Globe modem, it may work on your PLDT line. All you need to know the DSL VCC settings(VPI.VCI) and WAN setting (bridge,PPoE,PPoA,DHCP, Static, etc). But before that, verify if you could access both modem. You need to know the setting from PLDT modem then copy it as a new setting profile on Globe's modem. Usually may password to change the settings of modem w/c comes in the firmware from the CPE vendor, but sometimes wala, default settings lang.

Or gawin mo na lang bridge yung Wifi ni Globe na ikaw lang ang nakakaalam ng iP block.. Set a static iP on PLDT's LAN then connect Globe modem to any of 1-4 LAN port. Your Wifi devices should be set on static iP's also.. Kung may guest ka na gusto maki-konek sa WiFi, bigay mo yung iP block..hehe It should work and will not cost you money.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    We used to have 2 DSL lines at home (PLDT and Globe). I use the PLDT line exclusively for my computer (LAN). The Globe DSL line is used for WIFI. The Globe DSL was been cut already and I was left with the router that they provided before. I still want to use WIFI at home and I am wondering if I could use the Globe provided router or is that locked for Globe only (?) If not, can someone please teach me how to set it up?

I still want to be able to use my LAN for my computer at the same time have wifi. Please see the unit below (zyxel - pldt, blue - globe)

Thanks in Advance!

just connect one LAN port of the globe router to your PLDT DSL modem LAN port

then connect your PC LAN to any of the globe routers 3 remaining LAN slot

turn on the wifi setting of the globe router & you should be abale to connect any wiifi enabled device to the globe router
    Last edited by kisshmet; February 5th, 2013 at 11:06 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronki View Post
    Same here, 8 years, but it's turned off at night.

If you are using plan 999 or higher, you can request them to get you a wifi modem. It's for free.
    Thanks for the info again. I called PLDT and I qualify for a free wifi modem. I only need to surrender my old modem. I'm a bit hesitant though because as you mentioned, the new pldt wifi modems aren't as sturdy as the units they gave out 8 years ago?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Pldt my dsl gamit namin..plan 1299 ata pero nababagalan ako... Hay..

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Forum Runner

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I got my free wifi modem na from PLDT!!!

Now.. how to set it up? The instructions look greek to me

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007

How long did it take to get your modem ? Our sabi 2weeks daw Sept 2012 , April na wala padin i should give them a call nga din sa monday .....

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I requested for it on March then I totally forgot about it. When I called to follow up on Wednesday night, PLDT called the next day that it is ready for pick up na. I only opened the box today.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I requested for it on March then I totally forgot about it. When I called to follow up on Wednesday night, PLDT called the next day that it is ready for pick up na. I only opened the box today.
    Cool cool will do that on monday thanks ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011

just plug it in maam cathy.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    How long did it take to get your modem ? Our sabi 2weeks daw Sept 2012 , April na wala padin i should give them a call nga din sa monday .....

Bakit parang ang tagal naman niyan sir? Nakuha ko yung sa akin the day na pumunta ako sa branch nila. Hindi din pala nila kinuha yung old modem ko.

* ms. Cathy: nice one! Ganda namn ng modem mo. Kamusta yung signal coverage? Yung sa akin hindi umaabot sa ibang parts ng bahay. Ibang model pala yung binigay sa akin.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast