New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    ^ we use cdr-king router. 1,100 ata bili ko or 1,200. so far ok naman. mahigit 2 years na. never pinatay except out of town na walang natira dito sa bahay para matulog.
    I usually stay away from CD-R King products that aren't made to be disposable, but their routers are pretty good value. The CW5354U is noteworthy since at 1.3k, you already have a router that can download from tor rents directly, without the need for a PC. Just plug in an external hard drive and you've got a low-power, low-cost pirating setup right there.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    it's because a friend of mine suggest it to me. ang sabi nga nya yung 2 antenna daw para malakas wifi. e pero out of stock. well, i didn't regret it

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Park Square 1 is a good place to look for cheap electronics. Not sure if they've started demolishing it already though

From PCX's price list, I'd recommend the TP-Link WR740N. It's the successor to my WR642G and already features 150 mbps Wireless-N. Basically, it has all the basic functionality you need from a router. It only costs 1.2k, too.

There's a higher-spec version of that, the WR841N, which features 300 mbps Wireless-N and wider coverage, for 1.6k. You won't be needing the 300 mbps wireless-N since local internet speeds barely reach 5 mbps for most folks. Since coverage isn't an issue either, there's really not much point in getting this unless you have plans of moving to a bigger residence in the very near future.
    Park Square is closed already.

Thanks for the recommendation. Is it this one?

TP-Link TL-WR740N Wifi N Router P1150
    http://pcx.com.ph/networking/routers...-n-router.html

I don't need much coverage since I just need the wifi to cover our bedrooms. I don't need wifi in other areas at home. So I don't really need the model with 2 antennas? It says kasi "Two antennas greatly increase the wireless robustness and stability".I'd hate to have wifi that always get disconnected hehe

TP-Link WR841N P1550
    http://pcx.com.ph/networking/routers...nk-wr841n.html
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 28th, 2013 at 02:29 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    sorry but my initial recommendation may not work nga pala since the wifi router will be the first one after the adsl modem. so the modem out should be connected to the WAN port of the router. it's either get an adsl modem/router from pldt, or get a new wifi router na nga lang. good brands for the price are edimax, d-link, tp-link at kung sa cdr-king, pick their Encore branded products (almost all naman is under 2k).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Destroy your PLDT modem, then call them and ask for replacement then request for the modem/wifi router type. Wala ka na gastos anyway sabi mo pang kawarto LAN so pwede na yun

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    another brand thats underrated sa atin is Asus. maganda mga routers nila.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Destroy your PLDT modem, then call them and ask for replacement then request for the modem/wifi router type. Wala ka na gastos anyway sabi mo pang kawarto LAN so pwede na yun

nasira na dati ung modem ko from pldt. nung nag-request ako ng bagong modem sabi nila kailangan ko magbayad ng 2K for the new modem since lagpas na dun sa warranty period (2+ years na ata). buti nakuha sa konting pukpok at kutingting ung modem at napagana ko pa

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Almost 8 years old na PLDT modem ko. Never turned it off. Marupok na ata yung modems na issue ng PLDT

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

I like your style, bro...

Ako nga, pina-demo ko lang,- hayun, hindi na binawi sa akin (Globelines)

17.9K:cupid2:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Almost 8 years old na PLDT modem ko. Never turned it off. Marupok na ata yung modems na issue ng PLDT
    Same here, 8 years, but it's turned off at night.

If you are using plan 999 or higher, you can request them to get you a wifi modem. It's for free.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast