New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We used to have 2 DSL lines at home (PLDT and Globe). I use the PLDT line exclusively for my computer (LAN). The Globe DSL line is used for WIFI. The Globe DSL was been cut already and I was left with the router that they provided before. I still want to use WIFI at home and I am wondering if I could use the Globe provided router or is that locked for Globe only (?) If not, can someone please teach me how to set it up?

I still want to be able to use my LAN for my computer at the same time have wifi. Please see the unit below (zyxel - pldt, blue - globe)

Thanks in Advance!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27012013794.jpg  
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 27th, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Connect the PLDT LAN port to the "DSL" port of the router.

Connect the PC to any of the LAN ports of the Globe router.

See if you can access the Globe router by typing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your web browser.

We'll see from there.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The DSL port of the router is too small. That's so weird!

But 1, 2, 3 and 4 fits naman.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    The DSL port of the router is too small. That's so weird!

But 1, 2, 3 and 4 fits naman.
    Now that I look at it, parang iba nga yung size. Odd. I've never seen that before.

Is the DSL port of the Globe router the size of a telephone cable jack?

In any case, kung iba yung size, you may need to buy your own wireless router.

Globe wireless routers aren't so good anyway. We had one before that kept resetting (and thereby opening our WiFi to any random person in the vicinity).

Just in case, there are good quality ones costing 1.5-2k, while the higher end ones will cost mga 4k.

Edit: In relation to the different sized cable, can you count ilan yung metal strips doon sa connector ng wire that fits into the Globe router DSL port? Normally, a LAN cable will have 8 metal strips. Baka 4/6 lang yung doon sa globe.
    Last edited by mda; January 28th, 2013 at 12:30 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Is the DSL port of the Globe router the size of a telephone cable jack?.
    The telephone jack fits perfectly

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Parang iba nga yung port. Bili ka na lang ng router, get the high end ones para mas reliable and mas malayo ang connection. I use linksys which costs 2800 ata yun. Kahit naglilinis ako ng sasakyan sa garahe, abot pa rin ang wifi. Hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It would be better just to buy your own wifi router.

Personally I like TP-LINK brand because of affordable price and durability.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I presume na yung router sa picture is the one from globe? Actually, the correct connection would be: from your PLDT ADSL modem connect the LAN RJ45 connector to any of the Ethernet ports 1, 2, 3 or 4 instead of directly to your PC's Ethernet port. Then connect your PC's LAN port to any of the vacant Ethernet port of the Globe router. Of course, you may need to configure some settings for you to access and/or secure your WiFi.

You can probably connect your PLDT line directly to the Globe router instead of passing through the PLDT ADSL modem, but you may need to know the configuration settings.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I you want affordable, powerful, and decent wifi for home, or office, or the enterprise. Try the Ubiquiti products.

Check these links.
    airMAX | Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.
    Unifi | Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.

Check the Picostation M2 and the UNIFI

These are locally available.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    The telephone jack fits perfectly
    In this case, you'll need to buy a separate router; the Globe router cannot be used because the DSL modem and the router are integrated into the Globe router.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, you can get good-name-brand routers for as low as around 1.5kphp, with the more feature packed ones (and those with better wifi signals) going for almost 5k.

Personally I'm using a Dlink DIR655 which can be had on sale now at one of the shops in gilmore I go to. No problems so far. I can PM you the link if you want (they have an online price list).

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast