New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    I presume na yung router sa picture is the one from globe?
    Yes the one showing the ports is the globe router.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Actually, the correct connection would be: from your PLDT ADSL modem connect the LAN RJ45 connector to any of the Ethernet ports 1, 2, 3 or 4 instead of directly to your PC's Ethernet port. Then connect your PC's LAN port to any of the vacant Ethernet port of the Globe router. Of course, you may need to configure some settings for you to access and/or secure your WiFi.

You can probably connect your PLDT line directly to the Globe router instead of passing through the PLDT ADSL modem, but you may need to know the configuration settings.
    So there'll be 2 LAN connected on my Globe router (PLDT and PC). I did that but I lost my connection e

So even if I buy a new router I still need to know how to configure?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Remove the RJ45 (LAN) cable from the DEVICE(PC or something) that is connected to your DSL modem. Connect it to the DSL jack of the router with wifi (yung nasa baba) Then now connect your LAN device/s to the router with wifi, port 1,2,3 or 4. But it needs configuration, so try going to 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.1 (depende kasi sa ip address ng router mo) then you can change it to DHCP to obtain the IP address automatically.

LOL too late na bago ko nabasa yung iba pala yung DSL jack...bili ka na lang router with wifi, mura lang naman

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    So there'll be 2 LAN connected on my Globe router (PLDT and PC). I did that but I lost my connection e

So even if I buy a new router I still need to know how to configure?
    If you buy a new router, you'll need to configure the basics such as WiFi security settings and password. It will probably work out of the box without configuration (pero open yung WiFi network mo). There is a helpful guide naman that comes with the router for initial setup instructions. Generally router setups aren't as hard as people think.

Kaya *ata* yung ni ssugest ni gearhead pero it involves more technical know-how na and isn't exactly the prettiest nor hassle-free solution (definitely the cheapest though).

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    In this case, you'll need to buy a separate router; the Globe router cannot be used because the DSL modem and the router are integrated into the Globe router.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, you can get good-name-brand routers for as low as around 1.5kphp, with the more feature packed ones (and those with better wifi signals) going for almost 5k.

Personally I'm using a Dlink DIR655 which can be had on sale now at one of the shops in gilmore I go to. No problems so far. I can PM you the link if you want (they have an online price list).
    Oh no !$&**%&(#^ GLOBE!!! I was hoping I don't need to spend on a new router anymore. PLDT sells din ata, I was thinking of buying from PLDT so I could request them to set it up.

Or can someone here help me set it up na lang? Please recommend naman a wifi router (sub PHP2k). Available at Villman I don't need a wide range since I will be using the wifi in a small area lang.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Just get a DSL line then buy a separate WIFI router/AP of your choice. Don't get the package with WIFI. That sucks!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    'Wag na yung kay PLDT. Tatagain ka pa hehe.

Don't worry about the router setup. Setting up a router should take siguro 30 mins max.

I set up a DLink DIR-600 router at a sibling's place. So far so good. Cost around ~P1500. Maybe sir GH can suggest some models from the TP-Link brand. Don't have experience with those e.

Edit: The model is available on the Villman website. Not the best place to buy parts, pero decent price naman sila at least for the DIR-600.
    Last edited by mda; January 28th, 2013 at 01:04 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    [B]

Or can someone here help me set it up na lang? Please recommend naman a wifi router (sub PHP2k). Available at Villman I don't need a wide range since I will be using the wifi in a small area lang.
    Where is your general area? Maybe someone here lives nearby.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Kaya yan via online. For popular models of routers there are links of screenshots through the setup pages that we can use to help guide through the installation process.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It would be better just to buy your own wifi router.

Personally I like TP-LINK brand because of affordable price and durability.
    Where can I buy this? Or can you choose something for me from Villman?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    'Wag na yung kay PLDT. Tatagain ka pa hehe.

Don't worry about the router setup. Setting up a router should take siguro 30 mins max.

I set up a DLink DIR-600 router at a sibling's place. So far so good. Cost around ~P1500. Maybe sir GH can suggest some models from the TP-Link brand. Don't have experience with those e.

Edit: The model is available on the Villman website. Not the best place to buy parts, pero decent price naman sila at least for the DIR-600.
    Thanks sir mda!!! Will you help me?

D-Link DIR-600 Wireless 150 Router P1499

D-Link DIR-600 Wireless 150 Router | VillMan Computers

Why isn't it good to buy parts at Villman? I'm a loyal customer kasi, The people there are really so nice. I'll wait for the input of GH din.

Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Makati. But I don't wanna hassle any of you naman.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast