New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I'm planning to have Data Cabling in our house. I don't know how this is implemented, but i guess each room should have an outlet/provision for data cable connection, so i can just plug in my data cable and surf the internet(thru my DSL connection) anywhere in the house. The data cabling will run thru the house along with the telephone and cable tv, in a common piping, i suppose.

So how is this implemented? Is there a switch somewhere that that will receive the single signal from the telephone, cable, and data(dsl signal) and distribute it thoughout the house? Is the switch just a splitter of signal or something more sophisticated?

Any tips or best practice for making this work with minimal problems? What type of cable/jack to use, to make it future proof a bit.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm..as far as data cabling goes, yes, you will need a switch. for phone line, that depends on whether you just want to provide an extension from a single line, or have some sort of intercom/PBX setup. For tv/video a simple splitter should do.

data cabling -- RJ 45 jacks, CAT5/5e cabling, crimping tool(available at any pc shop)
    phone caling -- RJ11 jacks, couplers, telephone wire, any hardware store

video cabling -- RG57(or was it 58?) coax cabling, jacks, splitters, crimping
    tool, optional booster; any hardware store

imho, do look into wifi; even if you do provide an RJ45 outlet for each room, chances are you'll still need some patch cords to reach the table/bed/bathroom.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i also would recommend you to explore wifi which is cheaper to implement and maintain.

kasi pag cabled network ka, sooner or later, you will replace the UTP5 wires dahil minsan nadedegrade yan ng moisture. not to mention, minsan, nginangatngat pa yan ng daga.

sa voice, what i did sa house namin is i've installed intercom phones connected wirelessly. got the units sa japan (panasonic yung brand). pwede kang mag transfer ng calls from the base station to any wireless units/receivers around the house.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i also would recommend you to explore wifi which is cheaper to implement and maintain.

kasi pag cabled network ka, sooner or later, you will replace the UTP5 wires dahil minsan nadedegrade yan ng moisture. not to mention, minsan, nginangatngat pa yan ng daga.

sa voice, what i did sa house namin is i've installed intercom phones connected wirelessly. got the units sa japan (panasonic yung brand). pwede kang mag transfer ng calls from the base station to any wireless units/receivers around the house.
    Anong model yan? Ilan units ang kasama? Pwede pang magdagdag ng units/handsets?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    actually, since may renovation sa house, i'll have the contractor implement this. i just don't know how good he is at implementing something like this, or if he knows how at all.

wi-fi is also nice, and most likely will use it soon, in conjunction with the wired connection. i just want to have the data cabling implemented properly, since mag-re-renovate naman.

are there individual contractors specializing in implementing structured wiring? kung hindi man kayanin ng contractor ko?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    mag wireless lan ka na lang kesa cable.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you value security, stick with RJ-45 and RJ-11 cabling for network connectivity. You can always add WiFi later.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Anong model yan? Ilan units ang kasama? Pwede pang magdagdag ng units/handsets?

i really don't know the model, but when i got it, it includes the base model and one roving handset. tapos bumili pa ako ng two additional roving handsets.

yes, pwedeng magdagdag ng units hanggang 6 ata.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i really don't know the model, but when i got it, it includes the base model and one roving handset. tapos bumili pa ako ng two additional roving handsets.

yes, pwedeng magdagdag ng units hanggang 6 ata.
    A so cordless phone talaga sya. Parang yung mga nasa newspaper ads ng Panasonic.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    mag wireless lan ka na lang kesa cable.
    i will soon. gusto ko sana conbination. sayang yong opportunity to install the cabling habang bubutasin yong walls ko e. hehe

here's an interesting link i found on the internet. problem lang is finding someone who can implement it properly(kung hindi familiar ang contractor ko) and where to buy the control box. i guess the upscale hotels have similar thing installed..

http://www.bobvila.com/HowTo_Library...ata-A1698.html
    Last edited by swordsman; January 15th, 2008 at 07:56 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Home Data Cabling