New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    anyway kahit idownload mo sya to mpeg2 kaagad you still need to have the same amount of hard disk space as downloading in dv format, kapag sinasave na lang ang file saka sya lumiliit sa size na mpeg2.
    That's true. But take the movie, King Arthur which I recorded from HBO. The whole movie was a 6.5GB mpeg2 file. If I saved it as DV-AVI or uncompressed avi, it would've taken up close to 24GB of hard drive space. It's hard to ignore the space saved. Also, I think if you record mpeg2 in realtime, you don't need to allocate as much hard drive space.

Add: Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 has a "Direct to Disc" recording mode where the recorded footage bypasses the hard drive altogether and goes straight to dvd or cd.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 9th, 2006 at 01:12 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the InnoDV 1000 is just what you need, cheap pci addon card

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: can the discs in DVD-camcorders directly play in DVD players?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    It should. I mean it's not that different from a disc made with a DVD Recorder in that there should be an audio_TS and a video_TS folder in the disc just like a regular dvd.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    question

iNNo DV1000 ba name nong card? wla ng model ito?

is this for miniDVS lang or also for old handy cams like video 8s?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by buknoy2002
    question

It's a firewire card. As far as I know the only camcorders with firewire ports are MiniDV camcorders and a few of Sony's Hi-8 camcorders. All the rest, including 8mm, have analog composite in/out.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thnx juna ka pecto

so for video 8s, dpat tv tuner card ang bilin ko?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    kahit hindi tv tuner card. video capture card pwede na. unless gusto mong manood ng tv sa pc mo or gusto mo ring irecord ang mga tv show sa pc.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    The DVDs burned in DVD camcorders will play in DVD player that support DVD+/-R,RW. Usually, the supported DVD format ay sinasama na to sa specs ng DVD players.

This support "officially" came out around 2~3 years ago, when DVD burners came out. "Unofficially", burned DVDs, specially using the +R notation, has been fully supported by DVDs since 2000, lalo na pioneer DVD players. AFAIK, Pioneer DVD players was one of the first DVD players that can read burned "blue" VCDs before DVD burners were around. Sony, Panasonic and high end DVD players (Denon, etc...) was sensitive (or not sensitive?) to this burned DVDs since it usually can not read it.

question

Jun mentioned that some Sony Hi-8 videocams had support for digital recording. These were the Sony videocams that came with D8 (digital 8) recording. But to have it digitally recorded, you need to switch on this option so that it will be digitally recorded. Pero pag walang D8 capability or kung meron at hindi naka switch on, you need a capture card just like beacbum mentioned. Not sure though kung meron pang stand alone capture cards nowadays. Kung meron man, check the price and compare it with TV tuner/capture card bundles. Pagmagkalapit ang presyo, get the TV tuner/capture card bundle.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thnx juna ka pecto

so for video 8s, dpat tv tuner card ang bilin ko?
    Yep. Like what beachbum said, you can use a dedicated video capture card or a tv tuner. I can't vouch for the video quality since I don't have a dedicated video capture card. But, my video cards past and present have had Video In /Video Out (ViVo) which can take both composite and S-Video. I use the ViVo of my video card for capturing shows from DirectTV/analog devices and firewire when capturing from the MiniDV camcorder.

My Hauppage WinTV PCI tv tuner dates back from 1998. It's too old to capture reliably to mpeg2 at 720x480. But, it still can capture reliably at 640x480 or smaller and capturing uncompressed avi has never been a problem. The quality of captures are inferior to the captures I made with my video card, though.

If you do get a tv tuner card, get either a Leadtek or ATI. I personally prefer ATI because of the ATI Rage Theater chip used in capturing (also in my video card). I can vouch for the excellent picture quality although it won't capture "protected" media like protected commercial dvd's or vhs (something to keep in mind if you're into that sort of thing).

I've heard many good things about Leadtek as well although I don't have one so I can't vouch for it.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 10th, 2006 at 12:45 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Help: Transfer videocam-minidv to pc