New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya pala medyo distorted yung video ko after transferring from videocam to PC. nagiinternet ako while transferring.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Kailangan mo rin ng mabilis na Hard drive, 7200RPM or better. Nung tinry ng kaibigan ko sa laptop nya (mabagal hdd nun), nagskip yung video.

May sofware ba na naibigay yung Camcorder mo? Usually kasi may kasama siyang editing and capturing tool

OT:

Quote Originally Posted by 3kster
    Intel cpus (P4 above) perform better than AMDs. Sorry AMD fans, I'm not flaming here, i have amd cpu and they perform better in games and overall day to day task but intel always have the edge in multimedia encoding (although new cpus from amd is catching up in this area).
    Yep, that's true. Nung nagpaedit kami ng video mas ok ang performance ng P4 sa lumang Athlons. Kaya lang, times have changed, mas ok na yung mga 64bit Athlons compared sa P4. Yung friend ko na nagvivideo edit, AMD based yung PC nya.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Firewire lang at Movie Maker... Ok na for more prof. job try mo yung software included sa video cam mo...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by A121
    Kailangan mo rin ng mabilis na Hard drive, 7200RPM or better. Nung tinry ng kaibigan ko sa laptop nya (mabagal hdd nun), nagskip yung video.
    That depends too on the video format you're using to capture with. I can capture uncompressed DV-AVI fine through the firewire port of my HP P4 2.4ghz laptop and it only has a 4200rpm hard drive. I do keep the hard drive defragged regularly and limit the number of apps running in the background.

I just captured some MiniDV footage with MovieMaker 2 on the laptop and it did quite well considering MM2 is one of the more unstable Windows apps around. I recommend buying a 3rd party app to capture and edit video with. Use MM2 as a last resort.

Add: Also, bear in mind that even a desktop P3-733 can capture DV-AVI fine, at least the one I have here. So, most computers build during the last 5 years should be able to handle capturing video through firewire. Just make sure you keep the hard drive defragged and get as much ram and hard drive space as you can afford.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 9th, 2006 at 05:13 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kster

Also, bear in mind that downloading video will take time, from 4 to 12 hours, depending on your video recording lenght and your pc.
    Digital Video is captured in real time.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    During download, you won't be able to use your pc since this task is cpu heavy.
    That's pretty much the general rule. When capturing video, it's best to leave the pc alone while it's capturing.

However with dualcore cpu's, you can get away with doing other stuff while capturing video in the background. I captured video through the firewire on this pc (dualcore X2 4200+) just now and I was able to capture MiniDV footage perfectly fine (in mpeg2 format to boot) while surfing and refreshing tsikot.com

Add: I used Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 to capture directly to mpeg2.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 9th, 2006 at 05:36 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is mpeg2 better than avi, esp. if i'll transfer it into DVD?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sir Boybi, If transfer to DVD, mpeg2 is better since its the format used by DVD. I usually use avi and just use my editing/authoring tool to convert it to another format.

Quote Originally Posted by picantorange
    Digital Video is captured in real time.
    Di ba ang south bridge, 133 MB/s lang? Plus taking into account the transcoding into the format you want by the CPU, even using the highest CPU frequency available, you will still be limited by the PCI transfer rate which uses 33MHz. Unless your using PCIe, of which at x1, can handle ~500MB/s. Then again, you will be limited by the HDD transfer rate at around 100~133 MB/s for IDE and SATA at 150 MB/s

Current system will have those specs, but if you have SATA 2 which has 300 MB/s (or SCSI or SAS) then it will be real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    That's pretty much the general rule. When capturing video, it's best to leave the pc alone while it's capturing.

However with dualcore cpu's, you can get away with doing other stuff while capturing video in the background. I captured video through the firewire on this pc (dualcore X2 4200+) just now and I was able to capture MiniDV footage perfectly fine (in mpeg2 format to boot) while surfing and refreshing tsikot.com

Add: I used Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 to capture directly to mpeg2.
    Nice cpu Jun ....kainggit naman. dual core processors are pretty expensive (except intels D805, although AMD Athlon64 still thumps it) and you even have the latest and greatest. This processor thumps any intel processor even in multimedia encoding.

Sorry mods, OT na.

Bandido, hows the transfer going?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    is mpeg2 better than avi, esp. if i'll transfer it into DVD?
    MPEG2 is the format used when making dvd's. It's great if you're not going to do too many rerenders because mpeg2 is already a compressed format. It has a tendency to decrease in quality if you rerender too many times. It also has a tendency for the audio to fall out of sync with the video in certain circumstances.

What makes mpeg2 great is the tiny file size compared to uncompressed DV-AVI. Also, many video-editing apps only rerenders changes or additions to an mpeg2 such as transitions and titles (also known as smart-rendering) which helps maintain video quality and is also much faster in rendering than say converting from DV-AVI to mpeg2.

Add: MPEG2 is the format I use when recording tv shows to my pc which I then convert to Divx.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 9th, 2006 at 12:39 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    better to capture first on its native format, which is DV. saka mo na lang iconvert to mpeg2. masyadong mabubulunan ang pc mo, kapag sabay. kung mabilis naman ang pc mo ok lang, but mas mabuti pa rin idownload uncompressed, hindi kc cpu intensive when downloading on its native format.

anyway kahit idownload mo sya to mpeg2 kaagad you still need to have the same amount of hard disk space as downloading in dv format, kapag sinasave na lang ang file saka sya lumiliit sa size na mpeg2.

and as much as possible, exit all background program that is running like antivirus, u need all the memory and cpu usage you can get.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Help: Transfer videocam-minidv to pc