New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    i heard that epson has an embeded chip that expires the printer after its been used for a period of time. is it true?
    The ink cartridges has chips that needs replacement/resetting if you plan to refill them.

The printer itself has a "cycle" counter that also requires resetting if you use it very often. This resetting can be done by downloading a software.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    i heard that epson has an embeded chip that expires the printer after its been used for a period of time. is it true?

I'm not a 100% sure but I think the Epson printers have some kind of counter. They count how many pages you have printed and "expire" when you reach the preset limit. Our C45 with CIS, expired after printing a lot of pages. We were able to reset it using a link provided by a fellow tsikoter. Its now working again.

The symptom was 2 blinking lights. One green and one red, if memory serves. And it will not print.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kawawa ibang tao na nakabili ng epson na walang alam tungkol sa reseting chuvaness, madalas ang printing tapos after 3-6 months maayos pa iyun condition ng printer then bigla nalang hindi aandar dahil na reach na iyun expiry counter eck eck... tapos dinala sa epson service center para ayosin, alangan libre ang check up ng epson, i don't think so, bigla nalang sabihin na kailangan reset natin at may charge na bla bla bla thousand pesos or sabihin na wala na obsolete na po printer niyo at kailangan na bumili ng bago

epson is rubbish...

Last edited by chuaed; November 10th, 2007 at 11:36 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Userfriendly, ganun talaga, drum is really expensive. Without it kasi, you're on a dead-end.

I'll find out kung magkano yan sa suppliers (here and abroad) for your next purchase (if ever you will).

Kyocera Ecosys FS-720 seems more practical for you since you seem to print tons. It's around 8k.

It's drum life is rated at 100,000 pages. Toner is around 5k (7,200 pages)

compared to Fuji 203A * 3,500

12,000 page-drum * 4,200

100,000/12,000 = 8.33 * 4200 = 35,000 (vs 8k Kyocera FS-720 Laser)

sa drum pa lang, Kyocera is more practical na.

There's a 300,000 page-drum Kyocera laser but forgot the price.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    my HP laserjet 1010 also cost us 5k only due to trade in promo, toner refill is just P800, not only cheap but i'll be given 5% off on the next refill. not bad.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Horsepower,

Thanks I'll keep that printer in mind. Sino ba dealers ng Kyocera sa Pinas? Kamusta availability ng supplies and refillable ba?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    userfriendly, I will send you txt you sir the number of the agent who sold me our FS-1030DN.

Their supply seems to be fine, warranty is done on-site. If your printer breaks down and they need to pull it out, they will provide a service unit. Neat isn't it? hehe (pls confirm if they have the same warranty for whatever model you plan to purchase).

As for the refillability, never really thought about it because the toner is cheap at 4,500 (+vat) that can print 7,200 pages. So we don't plan to refill it. But let me get back to you regarding that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
HELP! printing problems