New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Now I am curious which really came first? Pero sa directory ko mas marami 09178 than 5. I called my Mom's old number na 09175 hindi naman active, I wonder if I can request Globe?
    I think it depends on the branch you applied? Coz when we were applying for her number, I asked if it can also have the 3 digit prefix as mine - 8xx (last 4 digits are our names respectively). The Shangrila branch hindi pwede since their their branch has the 5xx assigned to them.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    I think it depends on the branch you applied? Coz when we were applying for her number, I asked if it can also have the 3 digit prefix as mine - 8xx (last 4 digits are our names respectively). The Shangrila branch hindi pwede since their their branch has the 5xx assigned to them.
    Oh I applied at Globe parksquare na ngayon giba na haha. My Mom and I have the same last 4 digits, sayang talaga pinaputol ko sa Mom ko. I wonder if I can request that same number pa

Yung last 4 you can easily request before, I wanted nga all 7 before lol

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    My eldest brother had his gobe handyphone with the free 5110 around 1997. His number was 0917538****. When he died and had the line cut, the number was recycled.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Yup. They are using old numbers that's inactive for a certain number of years. My Globe postpaid in 2001, 09177****** was active again two years ago. I was able to choose the last six digits then.

My sister was able to get her old Globe number when she re-applied after 2 years of switching to Smart. Hers was also personalized number (last 5 digits), her birthday (m/dd/yr)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    Yup. They are using old numbers that's inactive for a certain number of years. My Globe postpaid in 2001, 09177****** was active again two years ago. I was able to choose the last six digits then.

My sister was able to get her old Globe number when she re-applied after 2 years of switching to Smart. Hers was also personalized number (last 5 digits), her birthday (m/dd/yr)
    Hindi na yata pwede mamili ng numbers ngayon?
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Sana pwede pa kasi I wanna get my Mom's old number, wala naman makausap na tao sa Globe

Sent from my SM-A107F

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last year, I got my sons their own lines, hindi na daw pwede. System generated na daw mga numbers.

During the late 90s to early 2000s, nag papareserve pa ako ng numbers, para eventually, when my contract expires, I will get a new line to avail of their free phones. Pag retention wala kasi free phones.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Pwede mag request pero last 4 digits na lang usually. Last year, when i got Globe postpaid, I was able to get the last 4 digits that i wanted, and so is for my wife.

Recently, Globe postpaids starts with 09171******, but we were able to get 09178 and 09175, respectively. You just have to ask if there are available 9 or 5 or 7.

We got our lines at Globe Trinoma Busoness Center.

Tip: Go there whem month end nears, they are more accommodating. Naghahabol ng quota Globe vs. Smart Plan
    Last edited by Sarsi; October 8th, 2020 at 10:27 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    When we were with Globe before, our phone numbers were succeeding (+1 sa dulo yung kay misis).

When we switched with Smart, they also gave us succeeding numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last year, I got my sons their own lines, hindi na daw pwede. System generated na daw mga numbers.

During the late 90s to early 2000s, nag papareserve pa ako ng numbers, para eventually, when my contract expires, I will get a new line to avail of their free phones. Pag retention wala kasi free phones.
    Ay akala ko mas generous sila sa existing users, I remember back in grade school my parents would ask which phone should they get, usually tatlo ang choices sa retention or recontracting, dun ko nalaman yung GSMArena, hanggang ngayon everyday ko pa din ino-open Globe vs. Smart Plan

Ngayon puro line-only na lang kami, very limited ang choices ng Globe, mahal pa cash-out.

Sent from my H8266 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Wife is Globe postpaid niloloko ko nga kase 09778****** siya sabi ko nga signature ni Globe is 09178 or 09175.

I’m on Smart postpaid naman, ano ba counterpart for Smart? 0919/0918?

Issued to me was 09478

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Globe vs. Smart Plan