New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mga Sir, gusto ko lang malaman kong anong magandang water purifier para sa bahay...

puwede na ba ang two stage na water purifier?

thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sediment filter, then ceramic then carbon. last stage ultraviolet.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    if you want the best water filter or treatment process, the reverse osmosis system with UV sterilizer is highly recommended. there are some wee units that fit for home use and not as expensive as what you think. filtration required, depends on the water quality from the source (hardness, TDS, etc, well or city water).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you want 200% sure safe, a reverse osmosis with carbon block filter with UV does double duty. the reverse osmosis process already eliminates ALL viruses and microbes (bacteria, molds and algae), and carbon block filter with UV also eliminate all viruses and microbes. meron nyan sa wilcon builders sa edsa (the big store before shell station near balintawak, right side if going to nlex). it is a small unit, will fit on one side of the kitchen sink. but be advised that a reverse osmosis machine uses 5 micron pre-filters and with MWSS water being silty you can end up changing pre-filters every 4 months.

the reverse osmosis system costs around 12k yata dun sa wilcon. di pa kasama yung carbon block saka UV.

if you want tipid, carbon block filter with UV will already make 100% safe water for home use. carbon block klls all microbes and most viruses and UV will kill all viruses and most bacteria. together they cover everything. set up is usually carbon block filter first then UV. i have this at home, cost 1.8k for the carbon block and 2.4k for the UV, also at wilcon builders depot.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    di ba malakas sa kuryente ang "ultraviolet"?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    well afaik carbon doesn't kill bacteria, in fact it may even breed bacteria so I put in a ceramic filter before it to screen out most bacteria before they get to the carbon.

oh btw some say that having too clean water isn't good for you. won't build antibodies heheheheh

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Does anyone here have the Alva Water Purifier? What are your thoughts on it? a salesman demoed it at my home, seems ok but it is very expensive, they offered it at 25K. It uses UV daw and the company is German owned. I have some doubts however if its really needed since we use wilkins for the baby and purified water for ourselves and so far naman di pa kami nagkakasakit.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    Does anyone here have the Alva Water Purifier? What are your thoughts on it? a salesman demoed it at my home, seems ok but it is very expensive, they offered it at 25K. It uses UV daw and the company is German owned. I have some doubts however if its really needed since we use wilkins for the baby and purified water for ourselves and so far naman di pa kami nagkakasakit.
    If your current water supply needs are met by your current system or supplier, keep on using it.

Fancy water purifiers do work but are overpriced by the salesmen for their sales commission.

Also, you can assemble your own two, three or four stage water purifier system from the commercial stores that sell the parts individually or as a set. Example is the store in MC Home Depo at Ortigas Center.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    It would be cheaper and economical to buy purified water from reputable water refilling stations nearby your place. They have the most number of filtration stages including reverse osmosis.

Buy your own sets of containers/dispenser and have them pickup/deliver to your house on weekly basis. Current going rate in our place is P25 per 20liters container with free delivery. Weekly we consume about 3 containers and that's P75/week or just P300/month.

I did tried using 2 stage filtration using American brand, but replacing the foot long 2x filters seems to be very costly at P1K each every 3 months (P2K every 3 months).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    I did tried using 2 stage filtration using American brand, but replacing the foot long 2x filters seems to be very costly at P1K each every 3 months (P2K every 3 months).
    Those filters are expensive. The system being sold at MC Home Depot have filters costing less than P200 for a pair (sold in packs of two kasi).

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
What Are the Best Water Purification Systems For Home Use?