New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    dati i'm a subscriber of PHILCOM i only pay a fix monthly of 1152petot kasama na landline and dsl speed of 512kbps, long distance call not covered...bayaran mo yun...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    welcome bro...
    i am really not familiar with the phone eh, but for sure, may settings dyan to maximize the 3G connection.

and an additional tip bro.... kung may 3G physical signal indicator yung phone, check mo kung intermettent wherein minsan lalabas ang 3G indicator, minsan wala. that is how you gauge the strength of the 3G signal in your location.
    on and off nga yung 3G signal indicator kahapon but maybe because its raining. i'm trying anyway a tweak to speed up modem connections mamaya and will post my result.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    the cost of a 30 minute usage ng Internet sa smart is 10 pesos. it is included sa 1200/month. basta kung ano lang yung lumampas ng 1200 yun ang babayaran mo.
    nice to know that sir. i've been on the impression na baka on top of plan. hay salamat.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    guys, for using the cp as a modem, will there be a difference in the connection speed (3G) if im using a smart prepaid card vs a postpaid? pleased to hear thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    guys, for using the cp as a modem, will there be a difference in the connection speed (3G) if im using a smart prepaid card vs a postpaid? pleased to hear thanks

nope. there would be no difference even if you are on post or pre paid. after all you are still using one network.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    globe broadband

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    had a good connection after some tweaks. its like i'm in the lan network in our office but the connection speed stated in the mobile networking wizard is showing the same speed... 115.2kpbs. doesn't matter to me though as long as the actual is fast. wag lang nga lalakas ang ulan kc nawawala ang 3G signal... one more thing i'm using firefox o kaya opera as browser bagal kc ie.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by czildjianako View Post
    had a good connection after some tweaks. its like i'm in the lan network in our office but the connection speed stated in the mobile networking wizard is showing the same speed... 115.2kpbs. doesn't matter to me though as long as the actual is fast. wag lang nga lalakas ang ulan kc nawawala ang 3G signal... one more thing i'm using firefox o kaya opera as browser bagal kc ie.
    although you can still tweak the browser (e.g. remove caches, temporary files, etc...) the 115.2 kbps that you have is because of your area.... mukhang sagad na.

and imho, mas mabilis ang firefox kesa IE...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    although you can still tweak the browser (e.g. remove caches, temporary files, etc...) the 115.2 kbps that you have is because of your area.... mukhang sagad na.

and imho, mas mabilis ang firefox kesa IE...
    mukhang sagad na nga bossing.

O.T. yep... i'm a firefox user after learning of its speed and the tab browsing (which ie7 copied). i'm now trying opera browser which has a cool feature... the speed dial. mukhang mas mabilis ito sa firefox.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nope. there would be no difference even if you are on post or pre paid. after all you are still using one network.
    thanks HG!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Globe or Smart broadband?