New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    technically, broadbands are the same. magkakaiba lang ang companies in terms of services, SLAs and price.

for your question, if both telcos are supported in your area, much better ang globe... why? because of their customer service mechanism.

but if you do not have a choice, instead of paying for 999 pesos a month, get a 3G enabled phone subscription na postpaid sa Smart... may libre phone ka pa, may internet ka pa. and imho, yung media advertisements na 999/month ang broadband, its a farce, dahil in reality, you pay more than 1000 pesos each month dahil may other charges like VAT, currency adjustments, etc.

what i did is to get a plan 1200 from smart, added some cash so i can get a P990 unit, use it for calls, for texts, for wireless LAN browsing, and for wired internet browsing as a modem sa PC ko sa house... sulit yung 1200, hindi ako lumalampas.
    ganun ba sir? eh meron ako plan 1200 from smart and its been 1 year na and i never explored the feature. the phone they gave me was a 3G unit na SE K600i. how can I use it as PC modem? will it be a simple connection of USB cable that comes with the phone? how's the charging anyway? is it on top of the 1200 or part of consumable? pasensya na sa maraming tanong.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'm from Imus, Cavite, and my Smartbro connection hasn't had any problems for a lonnnnggg time now. Very reliable for me. I guess it depends on your location. The speed has always been consistent for me. I'm on with smartbro because we don't have LAN lines here in our subdivision....bwisit. but for me lang ha, ok ang smartbro.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    SmartBro ang internet connection namin sa bahay since a year ago. So far, ayos lang, pero medyo bumabagal ngayong nag-uulan..... Depende sa location mo....

3202:rainbow:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i've been able to use my 3G phone using the SMART line. its only 115.2kbps slow pero pwede na pagtiyagaan for now. what phone available na mabilis ang speed?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by czildjianako View Post
    i've been able to use my 3G phone using the SMART line. its only 115.2kbps slow pero pwede na pagtiyagaan for now. what phone available na mabilis ang speed?
    sorry for not responding earlier bro...
    on the speed, are you sure that your 3G is activated? kung nokia yang unit mo, the network settings should be on dual-mode. if i remember it right, when i was using my non 3G unit before, yan ang speed eh, which is somewhere between 110 - 140 kbps.

sa 3G, more than 200 kbps ang speed eh, up to around 400 kbps, depende sa location mo.

and to answer your last question, hindi sa phone yan. asa connection yan.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    sorry for not responding earlier bro...
    on the speed, are you sure that your 3G is activated? kung nokia yang unit mo, the network settings should be on dual-mode. if i remember it right, when i was using my non 3G unit before, yan ang speed eh, which is somewhere between 110 - 140 kbps.

sa 3G, more than 200 kbps ang speed eh, up to around 400 kbps, depende sa location mo.

and to answer your last question, hindi sa phone yan. asa connection yan.
    not a problem sir.
    SE K608i yung unit ko sir. On the mobile networking wizard window it says in the bottom left corner that I'm connected to 3G Network. The best setting nga pala available is 3G/GPRS listed so I chose that. Maybe I should experiment more on the settings.

thanks nga pala sa tip. I almost about to cancel my plan 1200 sa smart and it will cost me 12000 as pre-termination fee. i have 1 year more left and will just consume the plan then will decide what to get. sana magkaroon na din ng PLDT line sa amin when that time comes.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by czildjianako View Post
    not a problem sir.
    SE K608i yung unit ko sir. On the mobile networking wizard window it says in the bottom left corner that I'm connected to 3G Network. The best setting nga pala available is 3G/GPRS listed so I chose that. Maybe I should experiment more on the settings.

thanks nga pala sa tip. I almost about to cancel my plan 1200 sa smart and it will cost me 12000 as pre-termination fee. i have 1 year more left and will just consume the plan then will decide what to get. sana magkaroon na din ng PLDT line sa amin when that time comes.
    welcome bro...
    i am really not familiar with the phone eh, but for sure, may settings dyan to maximize the 3G connection.

and an additional tip bro.... kung may 3G physical signal indicator yung phone, check mo kung intermettent wherein minsan lalabas ang 3G indicator, minsan wala. that is how you gauge the strength of the 3G signal in your location.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; July 10th, 2007 at 10:16 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by junnquinto2006 View Post
    just want to ask, yong plan 1200 ba e unlimited internet na yon, if you use it as a modem sa pc?
    the cost of a 30 minute usage ng Internet sa smart is 10 pesos. it is included sa 1200/month. basta kung ano lang yung lumampas ng 1200 yun ang babayaran mo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    'Been using Smart 3G through a mobile phone modem for several weeks now using different celfone models (just to test). Average speed I'm getting is around 180-220kbps. Last night it hit 282.7kbps. The lowest connection speed I usually get is around 57.8 kbps.

So far, so good.
    what i had was around 400 kbps... the the slowest was around 56 kbps...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    been connected to smart 3G 480kbps pag yung old software nila gagamitin ko, pag yung updated na 115kbps na lng.. ok lng mabilis na rin..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Globe or Smart broadband?