• Sucks Big Time! Goodbye!

7 12.73%
  • Am not a subscriber, sorry!

10 18.18%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikot View Post
    for me it sucks BIG TIME! i don't know if it's within my area, or my system or the quality of PLDT MyDSL service.

started very well when i was a new subscriber more than a year ago. but lately, connection's getting erratic. am getting disconnected every so often becoming more and more frequent.

then the past few days, almost every 5 minutes na-didisconnect access ko. but there were times naman na several hours on end, continuous yung connection. so i am not really sure where the problem lies.

tried calling their support at 172. got the same answer everytime... they will refer it to their technical something and will get back to me. kakaiinis pa, i have to tell my complaint each and everytime. i thought, my complaint was noted in their records.

one time pa, sabi nung tech support they tried calling me, wala daw sumasagot. sira pala sila eh, i told them that the pldt number (dsl line) is a committed fax number at wala talagang sasagot duon. in my initial call, i told them them this and specifically instructed them to call my cellphone instead.

halatang pati-excuse nila de-lata. bistong bisto naman na nagiimbento lang sila.

anyway, this is just my experience. might not be true for other subscribers out there.

that's why, i am trying to get the experience of other subscribers out there.

anyway tapos na locked in period ko. if this continues and not resolved soon, i am thinking of shifting to other DSL providers.
    Doc, we have exactly the same situation. Disconnection every 5 min, CSR always telling the matter is already referred to their technical, my line is also a dedicated fax line and they keep on calling the landline even if I always indicate to call me in my cellphone. Kaka-bad trip na talaga!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    for me it sucks BIG TIME! i don't know if it's within my area, or my system or the quality of PLDT MyDSL service.

started very well when i was a new subscriber more than a year ago. but lately, connection's getting erratic. am getting disconnected every so often becoming more and more frequent.

then the past few days, almost every 5 minutes na-didisconnect access ko. but there were times naman na several hours on end, continuous yung connection. so i am not really sure where the problem lies.
    bearable naman sa min. mapgtyatyagaan sabi nga sa poll. unless may problem talaga ang modem mo, my guess is oversubscribred na yan area nyo. lahat ng DSL lines kasi pumupunta sa isang dslam or DSL access multiplexer. the customers are like small pipes then the dslam combines them into 1 big pipe which goes to PLDT's nearest node or station. last year baka iilan pa lang kayong subs dyan so meron enough capacity for everyone dun sa big pipe. ngayon baka sobrang dami na (which is usually the case becuase this is how they make money) at di na maaccommodate lahat.

tried calling their support at 172. got the same answer everytime... they will refer it to their technical something and will get back to me. kakaiinis pa, i have to tell my complaint each and everytime. i thought, my complaint was noted in their records.

one time pa, sabi nung tech support they tried calling me, wala daw sumasagot. sira pala sila eh, i told them that the pldt number (dsl line) is a committed fax number at wala talagang sasagot duon. in my initial call, i told them them this and specifically instructed them to call my cellphone instead.

halatang pati-excuse nila de-lata. bistong bisto naman na nagiimbento lang sila.

anyway, this is just my experience. might not be true for other subscribers out there.

that's why, i am trying to get the experience of other subscribers out there.

anyway tapos na locked in period ko. if this continues and not resolved soon, i am thinking of shifting to other DSL providers.
    this is where i have a big problem. same thing happened to us two months ago. more than 2 weeks down yun service namin. i'm in the telecoms industry so i know how this works...sobrang sakit ng ulo ko pag kausap yun mga agents!!! parang di na pinagiisipan un mga sinsasagot. lagi sinasabi na endorse na sa technical or sasabihin mag cacall back or pupuntahan pero hindi naman. then pag tawag mo ulit, hindi raw naka record sa logs you have to repeat your report all over again. one time, they even closed the trouble ticket kahit hindi pa nereresolve yun problem jeez

i would suggest na kung meron kang alternative lumipat ka na lang..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Zero View Post
    bearable naman sa min. mapgtyatyagaan sabi nga sa poll. unless may problem talaga ang modem mo, my guess is oversubscribred na yan area nyo. lahat ng DSL lines kasi pumupunta sa isang dslam or DSL access multiplexer. the customers are like small pipes then the dslam combines them into 1 big pipe which goes to PLDT's nearest node or station. last year baka iilan pa lang kayong subs dyan so meron enough capacity for everyone dun sa big pipe. ngayon baka sobrang dami na (which is usually the case becuase this is how they make money) at di na maaccommodate lahat.

i would suggest na kung meron kang alternative lumipat ka na lang..
    thanks cult...

this is what i suspect. kasi yung problem di naman consistent. i noticed after midnight, wala na problem... continuous yung connection. so parang di yata consistent ito with a line or modem problem. pero pag dating na ng late morning until early evening, the connection become erratic again.

i hope this is not again a case of corporate greed taking precedence over good product and service. on second thought, we are speaking about PLDT here, so di ako magtataka...

haaayyyy.. anyway, is bayantel DSL any better?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    haaayyyy.. anyway, is bayantel DSL any better?
    I wouldn't know, only PLDT can serve our area here in Paranaque... and besides i might not be the right person to ask (baka sabihin mo biased ako ) i work for a lopez owned subsidiary and bayantel is our sister company hehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Been a pldt dsl subscriber for 4 yrs. now, ok naman service niya para sakin.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I heard max daw ng Plan 999 ay up to 1 mbps na (from PLDT Mypad website).

Also, may freebies and discounts rin for Airborne Access usage (package deal)
    -Plan Xperience (999) and Xcite (1995) = 99 pesos/month for Wi-fi usage
    -Plan Xcel and all PLDT Biz DSL plans (3000) = FREE for life.

To activate, go to PLDT mypad website tapos follow the instructions.

Anyone tried it na ba?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nkreceive kmi mail pero d ko n inavail...parang ang bgal nung 99 pesos e...di ble n lng

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Got a call from a Tech Staff of PLDT DSL a few days ago. He said they have fixed the problem with my DSL by adjusting the signal-to-noise ratio. So far, uninterrupted pa naman yung connection ko. Sana nga tuloy tuloy na ito.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i'm in the las pinas area and i'd say so far so good. the only major downtime we experienced was during the japan earthquake early this year and the milenyo super typhoon last year

btw, they say the globe dsl is ok too

kumusta nga pala ang biz plan ng pldt?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the past 3-4 months, sobrang bilis. I was able to download 4 files with speeds of 100 kb/s each, while 2 other computers were surfing the net. Pero lately, medyo mediocre lang ang speeds, mga 20-30 kb/s nalang.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Fellow PLDT MyDSL subscribers, how's your internet connection?