New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    I have the same model MBP, but got it mid 2013 right before the Retina model was released. Gotta say, this machine is a BEAST. Never letting go of this. 1 of the 2 RAM slots is already defective, so I had to make do with merely 2gb RAM for quite some time. However, once I upgraded the only functioning slot to 8gb, it suddenly worked a bit faster than before. Mine also now sports a 240gb SSD while retaining the standard 500gb hard drive. For standard use, i.e. internet browsing, Microsoft Office, and now Zoom, it does the job pretty well. I remember this only cost a little over 50k brand new. Missing those days when Apple was still relatively affordable
    50k+ lang din naman M1 Macbook Air today. Considering inflation, Macbooks are priced roughly the same as they were in 2012.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    50k+ lang din naman M1 Macbook Air today. Considering inflation, Macbooks are priced roughly the same as they were in 2012.

would the M1 macbook air be on par with the 2012 i5 pro?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    Much faster. It beats my 2018 Macbook Pro 15” in almost all tests except gpu-related ones.

And it’s completely silent while doing it since there is no fan at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    Much much faster.

The entry-level Air now has the same processor as the current MBP, which is head and shoulders above last year's MBP 13. Only difference is cooling, which is not felt except in the most CPU-intensive applications.

Best time to buy a Macbook is now or next year (as the new model with upgraded display, more ports will come later this year).

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    I have the same model MBP, but got it mid 2013 right before the Retina model was released. Gotta say, this machine is a BEAST. Never letting go of this. 1 of the 2 RAM slots is already defective, so I had to make do with merely 2gb RAM for quite some time. However, once I upgraded the only functioning slot to 8gb, it suddenly worked a bit faster than before. Mine also now sports a 240gb SSD while retaining the standard 500gb hard drive. For standard use, i.e. internet browsing, Microsoft Office, and now Zoom, it does the job pretty well. I remember this only cost a little over 50k brand new. Missing those days when Apple was still relatively affordable
    You could still get the base Air 8/256 configuration from Apple PH's K-12 Educ Store, 47,990 yata [emoji28]

Sent from my H8266 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Where can i get that MacBook Air M1 version? Is it available locally?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Where can i get that MacBook Air M1 version? Is it available locally?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Yes. Any Apple store (iStudio, Beyond the Box, PowerMac, etc) would have it by now.

Entry level Air (8GB, 256GB SSD) starts at 55k. More than enough for most people, faster than most Windows laptops at that price point (M1 just blows Intel out of the water).

An M1 Macbook (Air or Pro) with 16GB and 1TB SSD will last a good 5-8 years just like the 2012 Macbook Pro. Later this year, they'll launch an all-new 14" Macbook Pro (will replace the 13" but keep the same size, will have thinner bezels). They'll also put the M1 (or will it be called M2) chips on the bigger 16" MBP.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yes. Any Apple store (iStudio, Beyond the Box, PowerMac, etc) would have it by now.

Entry level Air (8GB, 256GB SSD) starts at 55k. More than enough for most people, faster than most Windows laptops at that price point (M1 just blows Intel out of the water).

An M1 Macbook (Air or Pro) with 16GB and 1TB SSD will last a good 5-8 years just like the 2012 Macbook Pro. Later this year, they'll launch an all-new 14" Macbook Pro (will replace the 13" but keep the same size, will have thinner bezels). They'll also put the M1 (or will it be called M2) chips on the bigger 16" MBP.

Now I’m thinking should’ve waited na sana hehehe almost same price lang din pala with better specs pa.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Now I’m thinking should’ve waited na sana hehehe almost same price lang din pala with better specs pa.

Early part last year ka bumili bro diba? Medyo long wait din kasi mga Dec/Jan na nagkastable availability.

Personally, no need to update yet since my 2018 MBP still works fine, but baka next year paglabas ng 14" MBP with the new body matempt ako hehe.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Early part last year ka bumili bro diba? Medyo long wait din kasi mga Dec/Jan na nagkastable availability.

Personally, no need to update yet since my 2018 MBP still works fine, but baka next year paglabas ng 14" MBP with the new body matempt ako hehe.

Yes bro around May last year, matagal nga din aantayin ko in case.

Needed a new one badly and PRO is out of my budget na din kaya wala din naman talaga choice.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast