New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bros, need help. actually, will also post this question sa ebuyncell forums...

Minana ko kasi yung Panasonic PV-GS31 Video Recorder ni utol ko. Everyone knows that this unit stores video recorded sa DVtape.

May nakasubok na ba sa inyo to transfer the contents nung DVtape papuntang PC so i can watch it via Windows Media or can convert it into a VCD/DVD format?

Afaik, this also applies to other Video recorders in DVtape storage formats. Wala na kasing manual eh. wala rin akong makitang downloadable instructions sa internet.

Hoping for your feedbacks bros.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    HG, you need a video capture software like Pinnacle Studio 10. Your PC needs to have a fairly large HDD with lotsa free space left, a fast PCU and a memory (recommended minimum) 512MB (much better if 1G) to achieve decent results in terms of speed of capture/encoding. Most importantly, your PC needs to have FireWire support and you need a FireWire cable. Most video capture software like Pinnacle Studio 10 would allow you to either burn your captured videos into VCD or DVD formats.

Good luck.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    HG, you need a video capture software like Pinnacle Studio 10. Your PC needs to have a fairly large HDD with lotsa free space left, a fast PCU and a memory (recommended minimum) 512MB (much better if 1G) to achieve decent results in terms of speed of capture/encoding. Most importantly, your PC needs to have FireWire support and you need a FireWire cable. Most video capture software like Pinnacle Studio 10 would allow you to either burn your captured videos into VCD or DVD formats.

Good luck.

nico...bilis ah... hehehe.

actually, no problem with my PC. i have around 140 GB to spare... memory is 512MB so walang problem.

yang pinnacle software ba is freeware/shareware?

tsaka during the video capture process ba may compression na nangyayari?

on the firewire, no problem. i think i can use my firewire na ginagamit ko sa IPOD. or i can still use a USB cable. may kasama syang cable eh.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Just call me Da Flush, eheste, Da Flash pala.

Unfortunately, hinde freeware/shareware yung Pinnacle eh. Pero alam ko namang resourceful ka eh, he he he. ;)

Yes, may compression na nangyayari kasi kung RAW format yung video, masyadong malaki HDD space ang kakainin. However, kapag binurn mo na in DVD or VCD format yun, iuncompress nya yun for VCD or DVD formats.

'Wag yung USB, nuknukan ng bagal. FireWire ka. Kung nagamit mo yung FireWire mo sa iPod, malamang pwede yun sa DV cam mo.

Yung length of time to transfer depends on the length of your shoot/video. Dati, nag-transfer ako to PC ng 2 hrs na VHS, inabot ako ng halos mag-hapon - transfer lang. Wala pa yung editing.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; March 24th, 2006 at 11:16 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    Just call me Da Flush, eheste, Da Flash pala.

Unfortunately, hinde freeware/shareware yung Pinnacle eh. Pero alam ko namang resourceful ka eh, he he he. ;)

Yes, may compression na nangyayari kasi kung RAW format yung video, masyadong malaki HDD space ang kakainin. However, kapag binurn mo na in DVD or VCD format yun, iuncompress nya yun for VCD or DVD formats.

'Wag yung USB, nuknukan ng bagal. FireWire ka. Kung nagamit mo yung FireWire mo sa iPod, malamang pwede yun sa DV cam mo.

Yung length of time to transfer depends on the length of your shoot/video. Dati, nag-transfer ako to PC ng 2 hrs na VHS, inabot ako ng halos mag-hapon - transfer lang. Wala pa yung editing.

thanks bro... limewire here i come. hehehehe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Make sure that your cam has DV out. kung meron, then all you need is firewire or a capture card. If you plan to capture from DV lang and hindi na from VHS or other avenues that don't need DVout, firewire would be enough. With capturing, I use Premier via firewire. Maraming conversions at your disposal. More or less if you plan to edit then you use .avi Then later mo nalng compress to the quality that suits you.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the tips...

one more thing... in case mabigo ako...
    any shops doing these services in makati? converting to DVD? sa CBD district lang sana.
    will be using the cam tomorrow (first time) sa graduation ng anak ko. gusto ko sana i-store sa DVD eh.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    HG, AFAIK mayron. Hit Clickthecity.com - I'm sure may makikita ka. ;)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Me I use DV-1000. Bundled ito with my videocam nung binili ko. Parang network card ito i-install mo sa pc, complete with cables and software (Windvd creator). You can convert minidv format to .avi or mpeg. Depende rin ang transfer rate. May nabibili nito sa mga computer shops like Villman. Php 1,200 ata ang cost.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks jerkky, i'll keep that as an option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
DVfile Tape to PC