New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nexbase is a good brand, tried and tested ko na to.. eto DVD ko-->pero yung portable/can be hooked up sa van...

tibay, pero nasira lang ang a/c adaptor after 6 years, pero found a suitable PC-part replacement--> adaptor ng laptop!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    burn 1 whole season and play it on an xvid dvd player
    hehe...di ako makahintay ng 1 whole season e. so weekly ko pinapanood/dina-download kaya kelangan ko primarily may USB input.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Tama, xvid player and kailangan mo. Tumingin kami ng mga generic-branded players i.e. Orange sa Quiapo, they can go for as low as 1,500.
    yes sir, divx, xvid, mp4, mpg..

Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Pensonic pre. ang dami ko ng napanuod dito na TV series in DVDs and in USBs. Wala pang tirik.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    nexbase is a good brand, tried and tested ko na to.. eto DVD ko-->pero yung portable/can be hooked up sa van...
    kaya rin ba i-handle ng pensonic & nextbase yong subtitles(.srt files)? wala naman pong sync problems sa video and audio when using the USB/card slots?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPower View Post
    Get an AppleTV, or mod an old Xbox (costs about 80 bucks total). Then you can just upload whatever episode over the network and watch without burning anything.

The Xbox does not have HD, however.
    i read somewhere that the xbox is ideal for this. kaya lang baka out of budget na. i'm just looking for something na decent na pang-'laspag' and pang-play ng p***ted movies.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Im selling my XBOX 1 for 7K w/ Freebies.

PM me if interested.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I haven't done it myself, but I think all you need is an upgraded hard drive (big enough to store the movies) and, on the software side, XBMP (xbox media player), which is 3rd party stuff. If you can find one that already has the stuff modded and installed and if you don't need HD, it's not a bad choice.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    You may also try Promac. I have 3 of them at home and works great! Luma na so walang USB nor card reader but I'm sure the newer models do. It reads better than my Panasonic and even my PC! hehehe! Had it for about 4 years.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    meron akong nakita sa gateway bossing, sony, can play usb, ipod, dvd, etc. maluffeth yun display nila.....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPower View Post
    Get an AppleTV, or mod an old Xbox (costs about 80 bucks total). Then you can just upload whatever episode over the network and watch without burning anything.

The Xbox does not have HD, however.
    OT AppleTV was featured in a promo sale at the Apple Store here. But, it was still a pricey $256. It'd fit in nice with our Mini, though which came with Front Row and a remote. If my wife let me hook up our 32" LCD tv to the Mini, I might consider AppleTV as an addition.

But, it's still expensive compared to these multi-format/usb/card reader dvd players which often cost $60 or less.

I have a cheap AVL which plays xVid files fine. But, if the files aren't all the same resolution, the switch to a movie file with a different resolution will cause the image on tv to "scroll", forcing me to turn off and then on the dvd player.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 11th, 2007 at 06:31 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IIE View Post
    meron akong nakita sa gateway bossing, sony, can play usb, ipod, dvd, etc. maluffeth yun display nila.....
    di nga? baka naman sonny yan sir.. hehe. joke... will check it out, saang store po? wala kasi ako nakita USB version sa 2007 catalog nila.

if not masyadong malayo difference ng prices nila, sa branded na ko. yong mga branded kasi, like sony, usually yong feature nila kasama na minsan yong HDMI, progressive scan, upscaling, real DTS.

i already saw a pensonic and promac na may USB/card reader, with approx price of P1500-P2000, haven't tested them nga lang kung kaya nila i-handle yong subtitles(.srt) at yong mga bago ngayon na HDTV divx.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Philips DVD players are good. My particular model DVP 5960 HDMI, Upscaling and divx, xvid support with USB direct. Not sure though if its available na here, pero ive been seing divx capable philips players at abenson's probably nandito na itong model na ito.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
DVD player that accepts USB input and has card reader