Oct 2006
    ayus rin yung alpha ng windowsblinds, may kasama nang blur
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Dual widescreens on my laptop with Vista Home Premium:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My main pc with 720p 32" lcd tv as a monitor. Fonts set to 120 dpi which makes for great viewing from 5-6 ft away on the couch:

What doesn't show is the built-in Picture In Picture of the tv which allows watching cable tv while on the pc desktop.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 28th, 2008 at 12:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Surfing the internet with the Wii. The connection is a simple RCA analog A/V to the same 32" 720p lcd tv my main pc is hooked up to. I imagine if I used component rgb cables, the Wii res should be 720p as well (1280 x 768).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    coooool. ayus yang browser mo sir
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    coooool. ayus yang browser mo sir
    The Wii browser is derived from Opera. Also, a usb keyboard works fine with the Wii. So, I don't have to use some funky game controller to enter text.

Among the consoles, I think the Wii has the best controller for internet use. It's about as easy to use as a stylus pointer plus it has convenient zoom in/out functions built in. That's why internet still looked good even though I'm using only analog connectors which limited res to 480p. I simply zoomed in to make text readable.

Although not all video-streaming sites work with the Wii, YouTube worked fine.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    The Wii browser is derived from Opera. Also, a usb keyboard works fine with the Wii. So, I don't have to use some funky game controller to enter text.

Among the consoles, I think the Wii has the best controller for internet use. It's about as easy to use as a stylus pointer plus it has convenient zoom in/out functions built in. That's why internet still looked good even though I'm using only analog connectors which limited res to 480p. I simply zoomed in to make text readable.

Although not all video-streaming sites work with the Wii, YouTube worked fine.
    Jun,
    I just bought my son Wii for Christmas. Didn't even realize na may wi-fi din like the PS3. As soon as I read your post here, I did a little search regarding Wii's web browser (Opera). Is it true that you have to pay 10 wii points (they say about $10) in order to use Opera Browser?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post
    Jun,
    I just bought my son Wii for Christmas. Didn't even realize na may wi-fi din like the PS3. As soon as I read your post here, I did a little search regarding Wii's web browser (Opera). Is it true that you have to pay 10 wii points (they say about $10) in order to use Opera Browser?
    Nope. It's 500 points or $5. A 2000 point Nintendo card is around $20. It's also best to use the progressive scan/component rgb cable to give 720p res.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Nope. It's 500 points or $5. A 2000 point Nintendo card is around $20. It's also best to use the progressive scan/component rgb cable to give 720p res.
    Oh. Connect a usb keyboard to enter text. Too bad a usb mouse isn't supported. But the Wii's controller is excellent as a pointing device. It's way better than gamepads.

Desktop Screenshots (merged)