New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Can anyone recommend a decent smartphone at the P5k range?

I will be using this as my secondary phone for a prepaid data plan. I just need it for email, google maps and viber. I think some phones don't work in other countries so I need something that I can take anywhere.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi Cathy, try the Asus Zenfone 4. I believe it's just priced at P3,999, it's a decent 4in display phone with dual core intel processor with 1gb ram.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Check out the Starmobile Like. It is already a quad band phone and should work in Europe.

LIKE | Welcome to Starmobile

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Can anyone recommend a decent smartphone at the P5k range?

I will be using this as my secondary phone for a prepaid data plan. I just need it for email, google maps and viber. I think some phones don't work in other countries so I need something that I can take anywhere.
    Xiaomi Redmi 1S from Lazada.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Hi Cathy, try the Asus Zenfone 4. I believe it's just priced at P3,999, it's a decent 4in display phone with dual core intel processor with 1gb ram.
    I saw this at the Villman website P3995. Best buy daw but it does not say if it is quadband. Also, I would need to buy extra ram if I will install viber/whatsapp/tango?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Check out the Starmobile Like. It is already a quad band phone and should work in Europe.

LIKE | Welcome to Starmobile
    nice specs!

Quote Originally Posted by vproject View Post
    Xiaomi Redmi 1S from Lazada.
    I don't have an account with Lazada. I would like to purchase from a physical store sana.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Look at O+ ...

May promo sila pag cash purchase yung dating 7k+ naging 5,250 na lang.

The specs is quad core with 1 gb ram dual sim pa... The downside lang is hindi sya lte hanggang 3.5g lang kaya i support
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I saw this at the Villman website P3995. Best buy daw but it does not say if it is quadband. Also, I would need to buy extra ram if I will install viber/whatsapp/tango?
    Yes i believe it is Quad band so it will work almost everywhere. 1gb of ram is the best you can get for that price range and that will be sufficient for your requirements. You may check this for more info Asus Zenfone 4 A450CG - Full phone specifications

My son is using a samsung galaxy V it's has a much lower specs than the zenfone but it works well. You can try that also if you're brand concious but other than that I'd recommend the ASUS.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Cath, I agree with Bin. The Asus has 1GB of ram which should be more than enough for your intended use. It is also quadband but based on the specs, 3G is only available in one of the sims while 2G is available on both. This is common for dual sim smart phones.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks! I called Villman but it the Zenfone 4 is out of stock :headache: It looks like this phone is in demand.

Please tell me if you have suggestions on where else I can buy this phone (Makati or Fort area) I am not familiar with these techie stores since and I always go to Villman lang.

Ang galing talaga ng mga techie dito sa Tsikot. ALL my recent techie purchases are based on recommendations at this forum. I hope I could find a Zenfone 4 pa.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; October 15th, 2014 at 12:22 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Try PC Express: 856-6119

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast