New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Type ko ang crocs dati. In fact, bumili ako pero nawala rin i.e. yung gana/hilig ko na isuot sya. Ayun, ginagamit ni misis or ng kasambahay namin sa labahan. Oks lang, nasulit ko na naman ang pagsuot eh.

I don't think it's just Crocs. Basically several types of footwear can cause accidents in escalators. I've seen women etheir trip or fall when the tips of their stilleto heels got caught. I've seen men wearing sandals trip when the lip/front part of their tsinelas got caught, as what Impulzz had mentioned. I've seen one woman (who was wearing a real long skirt) who nearly fell because the end of her long skirt got caught up in the elevator. I've even witnessed some guy who had his butt caught on the escalator because he sat on the steps and did not stand up even if we reached the bottom.

As I've mentioned in the past, tools are only safe as those who use them. The escalator is just a tool - a tool for going up or down floors. Now, if we don't know how to use this tool properly, then there is a chance that we would get into an accident.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wear those cheap, [locally made] Croc knock offs sold in SM as pang-harabas. I might get into a fake accident!

Seriously, people should learn how to use escalators properly than blame some faddish shoe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    delikado talaga ang escalator sa bata ... kaya tinuruan ko yung anak ko nung first time nya sumakay sa ecalator ... naka ilang ulit kaming akyat baba sa isang mall ... in the end, his smile was priceless!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Nicolodeon is correct we should know how to use the escalator, and pass this on to whoever we are with when using them especially children.

On the other hand, they should also be designed to prevent things like this that can happen. Escalators in some places have the brushes on the side, I always thought they were there to sweep the steps clean. Sometimes I use them to clean my dirty shoes

I clicked on some of the links, yung isa sa Singapore pala. Doon kasi mabilis yung escalators nila very aggressive to get the people from one place to another quickly (rush hour, subways, etc). The increased speed means greater force kaya pag naipit ka it has a higher chance to cause injuries.

Have you seen Blades of Glory?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Napanood ko ito sa TV Patrol. OK na rin, nabigyan ng warning lahat na mag-ingat. Malaking tipid pa ang mahal ng crocs.

Malaki siguro discount ngayon sa mga crocs store.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Napanood ko ito sa TV Patrol. OK na rin, nabigyan ng warning lahat na mag-ingat. Malaking tipid pa ang mahal ng crocs.

Malaki siguro discount ngayon sa mga crocs store.

How about Havaianas? May incident na ba like that of Crocs?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Escalators are essetially safe, as long as anybody who rides it does not horse around and stays inside the yellow box (like what mazda had said). Vigilance and awareness are also keys, especially if we tag along small children.

I do not really believe that only one kind of footwear can cause this type of accident. Next thing we know, there would be a mushrooming of stories on accidents involving Crocs footwear. If for example a Havaianas or Bantex or Spartan wearer gets his/her footwear caught on the elevator that results in an accident, people might now brand these footwear as dangerous.

IMO, even if we wear safetyshoes that merchant marines wear but continiously ignore the obvious safety measures placed for our well being, then an accident might indeed happen.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You know what, a couple of months ago I was thinking "C'mon, must be parental negligence not watching their kids' feet around the escalator's edges..."

My son and I needed Crocs because we always play on shallow pools and fountains. I always tell him to "stay in the middle", around the yellow lines just to be safe (Crocs or not)...

This afternoon, while we were in the mall, as I stepped off the escalator, the heel part of my Crocs literally bent and grinded through the escalator's "shaving lines"...

Now look, this is the HEEL portion... So there's no way that my foot was near the side edge nor were my toes shoved to the walls of the steps in front...

The HEEL caught the escalator...

I checked my slipper afterwards and the damage is there... Now I was thinking, this is an adult Crocs with over an inch of rubber to bend, and still it bent and sliced, what more with a kiddie version with less than 1/2" thickness...

I'm 180lbs, so it wasn't hard for me to just step off the escalator unscathed... But if it was a kid...

We ALWAYS stand in the middle of the yellow lines, step off at the right time, etc... It still occurred...

Hmm.... Call me an idiot but I still can't imagine how the heel can get caught...

See actual photos taken an hour ago....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, ganda ng pagkakuha ng pics a

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bwehehehe...

I'm still stumped kung pano kinain yung takong na part hehe... My best guess is nagdig yung goma konti sa "ngipin" ng escalator lines, when you step off parang naiwan yung heel part... Oh well....

We'll jump off nalang from now on hehehe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
CROCS and Escalator accidents... Be careful esp for kids...