New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the best way to future proof your computer is to buy in the future. it doesn't make much sense to do it now coz computers get obsolete in a very short time.

the 3ghz core2duo will outperform the 2.5ghz core2quad in most apps due to higher clock speed. and don't expect quad-optimised apps to proliferate coz multithreaded apps are very difficult to write.

i'd say get the c2d and get a faster hdd coz the real bottleneck in everyday computing is the hdd, not the processor.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ako nga kaka-assemble ko lang ng Celeron 420 with 1GB RAM i can still design posters 300 dpi and 2x6 feet with no lag. naka dual monitor pa ako, 2 22" Inch AOC.

para san ba yan core2duo na yan? tingin ko dapat pag naka-core 2 gumamit na ng KVM 1CPU then 2 keyboard, 2monitors and 2 mouse para ma-maiximize

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i have to agree with psylocke, i never understood the wisdom of getting bleeding edge hardware if you wont be using its potential anyway. with computers, if you want something for the future, then buy it in the future.

get the 3ghz core2duo since it takes a a while for applications (other than games) to catch up to hardware anyway. pero kahit sa games naman usually sa GPU ka maghahabol.

gawin mo 4Gb yung RAM mo, then get a couple of fast hard drives, put 'em on different cables and create pagefiles on each one.

my $0.02

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Core2Duo or Core2Quad?