New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Which is better &/or faster: C2D E8400 3GHz 1333 or C2Q Q9300 2.5GHz 1333? The C2Q costs around 3K more than the C2D. And which motherboard would be best for the 2 processors?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I think sir much better yung C2Q. It will be depends on your usage. quad core is slower but just based on price I would have to go with the 4 core chip. Granted the most important reason for 4 cores is to be able to do multiple things at once and no at this time very few single programs will use all 4 cores but as they get more popular, which they will when prices come down for regular people more programs will be written to take advantage of the multi core chips. And as for the slight speed difference between the extreme editions of both chips that what overclocking is for.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    one question, do you REALLY need 4 processors in your work?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    uhmm mas maraming processor = mas malakas sa power consumption . but mas faster .. kung afford mo po then why not diba? ilang years from now mapag iiwanan din yan ng mga bagong model .. for me c2q po ..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    but the question is, does he really needs it? so far alam ko kaunti pa lang ang may 4 processors. they use it because they really need it for their job.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Right now I'm using Athlon 64 single core with 2GB memory. Nababagalan na ako if maraming naka open na browsers then mag CorelDraw ako. Dati 1GB lang memory, but when I upgraded the memory to 2GB, hindi noticeable ang difference.

I know I won't need quadcore, for future proofing lang. That's why I'm asking kung ano ba ang mas mabilis, a 3GHz dual core or a 2.5GHz quad core.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Right now I'm using Athlon 64 single core with 2GB memory. Nababagalan na ako if maraming naka open na browsers then mag CorelDraw ako. Dati 1GB lang memory, but when I upgraded the memory to 2GB, hindi noticeable ang difference.

I know I won't need quadcore, for future proofing lang. That's why I'm asking kung ano ba ang mas mabilis, a 3GHz dual core or a 2.5GHz quad core.
    If ever I would be doing multitasking for my work, i prefer buying a Core 2 Quad. When comparing overall system performance, MP3 encoding , film making, photoshop, even boot times, you can see that the quad is a much faster overall CPU than the Duo.

However, if all im going to us my PC is mostly for games and i was buying an OEM pc i would buy a Core 2 Duo thanks to the higher CPU speed.

More cores means longer staying power. When programs come out that can utilize 4 cores that many people use (besides video / audio rendering), you'll see the C2D line fade out or become the premire chip set for older single threaded video games and older OSs. If you do multitasking, quad seems to be the way to go.

Not all motherboards support Core 2 Quad, so some may need newer boards, FYI.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    if you have the money to spare go quadcore. make sure you maximize the memory para hindi ka pa rin mapagiiwanan kahit luma na yun pc

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have yet to saturate my now old AMD Athlon X2 4200+. But, I too would go with the C2Q. Most games are still dependent on a good video card. So the gaming speed disadvantage of the C2Q isn't that bad.

I too will be assembling a new pc this year and passing the Athlon X2 to my wife.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looking at MSI and Asus motherboards that support C2Q, all have only 1 IDE. Which means I'll either have to buy a new SATA optical drive or I'll have to ditch my old IDE harddisks. Or I'll just buy USB harddisk enclosures so I can still use my IDE harddisks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Core2Duo or Core2Quad?