New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I forgot, baka naka power saving mode? Im on Max battery life mode coz im on the road all the time. It does lag on several office apps lol.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I forgot, baka naka power saving mode? Im on Max battery life mode coz im on the road all the time. It does lag on several office apps lol.
    Nope. Naka-balanced mode ako. Nagraramp up naman to 3.6 GHz pag full load but the i7-8550U is known to throttle early (down to 1.8 GHz).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; October 12th, 2020 at 01:41 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    In the gaming world, it's almost exclusively desktop. Very few laptop gamers.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nope. Naka-balanced mode ako. Nagraramp up naman to 3.6 GHz pag full load but the i7-8550U is known to throttle early (down to 1.8 GHz).

Which browser are you using? Clear some cache perhaps. Try another browser? Internet protection? Play with some settings.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    In the gaming world, it's almost exclusively desktop. Very few laptop gamers.

Maybe because of the price difference bro. They also tend to last longer (maybe due to better cooling?) and provide better performance at a lower price.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Maybe because of the price difference bro. They also tend to last longer (maybe due to better cooling?) and provide better performance at a lower price.
    Definitely the price/performance ratio bro. Plus the upgradeability. Most gamers also prefer a bigger screen so that's another plus vs a smaller gaming laptop screen.

Was a PC gamer back in the day, but it's an expensive hobby. There's still a pretty big desktop PC following til today though, so desktops will be here to stay.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Have you check in task manager for GPU consumption?

Might be bottlenecking issue when you do video on and screen shared....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've checked, I only use up about 20-30% GPU when sharing screen:

Interestingly, Teams is quite the RAM hog - using even more RAM than Photoshop. Computer and Laptop Tech Thread

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Which browser are you using? Clear some cache perhaps. Try another browser? Internet protection? Play with some settings.
    Not a software issue. Have already checked everything you mentioned.

I seem to have found the issue though - I'm constantly hitting the 100 deg C limit of my processor at max load so it throttles down and thus hampers performance:

Solution: Undervolting via Throttlestop. 90mV undervolt on the processor and 30mV on the GPU. My temps dropped by an average of 10 degrees even at full load:

Laptop now keeps at higher Turbo Boost for longer, even maintaining peak clock speed of 4 GHz.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Another reason why gamers prefer desktops: Thermals.