New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Mga paps, ano kaya tawag sa usb adapter Ng internal hdd na sa right, the one with the bracket, kasi ung old ko are pins, this new one is already embedded on board, papa repair ko kasi laptop so I need to retrieve and wipe the data inside. Thanks.Attachment 35650Attachment 35651Attachment 35652
    Backup using the USB external drive.

You need this

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the local ones are acceptable naman, i would buy locally.
    it'd probably be easier to have it fixed, if something went wrong.
    also, personally, nakaka-hiyang magpadala sa iba, para pagawa sa pinanggalingan, even if they say "of course, no big deal".

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Problem with if you buy sa local it's under spec and mahal ang price, hk pa rin ako bibile, and I'd buy Asus or Acer, I usually buy my laptop sa wanchai.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Honestly? I've avoided HP laptops like a plague. I stick with ASUS and Lenovo for regular laptops or Sager (Clevo) at the top end.
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    +1. hp are good only on laser printers and imaging devices, Laptaps and afterservice are quacks. Personally i'd get Lenovo, Dell, Acer, Asus.
    This is for my mom. I'm replacing her 10-year old HP Pavillion which had no issues at all for her so she wants another HP. Also, the Asus Zenbook looks too masculine for her. They all have similar specs so it's really a matter of aesthetics. Aftersales sucks for all brands in the Philippines so not a factor.

I have different laptop preferences for myself (Lenovo/Apple):

She doesn't want a Macbook because of the learning curve, she doesn't want a Thinkpad because it looks boring.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if the local ones are acceptable naman, i would buy locally.
    it'd probably be easier to have it fixed, if something went wrong.
    also, personally, nakaka-hiyang magpadala sa iba, para pagawa sa pinanggalingan, even if they say "of course, no big deal".
    No they're not really acceptable if you compare the specs you get for the same price abroad. The 63k laptop available here only costs 50k in HK and 40k in the US. Laptop warranty is only good for a year but the spec upgrade will last you an additional 5 years of future proofing.

Only reason to get a laptop here is if there's no option to get abroad or pricing is similar.

Almost bit the bullet with the locally available HP but the same-priced option in HK is too good to pass up.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    This is for my mom. I'm replacing her 10-year old HP Pavillion which had no issues at all for her so she wants another HP. Also, the Asus Zenbook looks too masculine for her. They all have similar specs so it's really a matter of aesthetics. Aftersales sucks for all brands in the Philippines so not a factor.

I have different laptop preferences for myself (Lenovo/Apple):

She doesn't want a Macbook because of the learning curve, she doesn't want a Thinkpad because it looks boring.

Hp envy maybe?

Or Dell xps.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Hp envy maybe?

Or Dell xps.
    Yes HP Envy nga yung tinitingnan ko. Dell XPS overpriced unfortunately.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thinkpad X1 maganda din. Asus zenbook ok din (like the macbook air ones). May rosegold nun.

Or just throwing it out there, microsoft surface go.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for the past 12 years, I bought 3 laptops and only lenovo brand. for me, sulit sya and hindi talaga nasira yun lang because of OS upgrades eh minsan hindi na kaya ng specs ng laptop that's why I bought a new one. yung 2nd one ko gumagana pa, yun lang because it was upgraded from Win8.1 to 10, talagang bumagal sya and may problem na battery.

two years ago, my friend offered to buy me a laptop in USA when he was on vacation there. I was able to purchase a Lenovo i7 Gen7, 12GB RAM 1TB HDD for only 30k pesos

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Thinkpad X1 maganda din. Asus zenbook ok din (like the macbook air ones). May rosegold nun.

Or just throwing it out there, microsoft surface go.
    Asus Zenbook is not so good IMO. Maganda nga ang kaha pero hindi user replaceable ang battery. Dami pang preinstalled na Asus apps.

Yung nasa kin ngayon ayaw mag-power up pag nakakabit ang battery. Kinailangan ko pang buksan at tanggalin ang batt para lang mag-on.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast