New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anyone here know of websites with prices of basic commodities? (corn, wheat, coconut/palm oil, sugar, etc.)

And what does 'futures' mean? Is this the speculated price of a certain commodity for a future date? Does this 'futures' price accurate?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Anyone here know of websites with prices of basic commodities? (corn, wheat, coconut/palm oil, sugar, etc.)

And what does 'futures' mean? Is this the speculated price of a certain commodity for a future date? Does this 'futures' price accurate?
    barchart http://www.barchart.com/

lahat ng futures http://www2.barchart.com/mktcom.asp

Futures is a contract price for a future delivery date. Speculative yan.

Not accurate.

Like when u look at Dow futures before the NYSE opens at 10:30pm manila time

minsan down ang dow futures pero pag nag close ang NYSE up naman ang dow index

or pag up ang dow futures, minsan pag close naman ng NYSE down ang dow index
    Last edited by uls; February 19th, 2008 at 04:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Futures are prices of commodities such as corn, wheat etc that are still to be harvested. Sa US stock market they play this out. Meaning I am selling my corn to be harvested in the future to you, how much will you be paying me for it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    talk about commodities...

oil just hit $100 last night

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on the world market, any finance site will do. the most straightforward for me is Yahoo! Finance.

are you looking to invest in commodities, or just looking for how much you should spend to buy rice or corn for your personal consumption? because the finance sites will help you with the first, but not the second. for the second, mamalengke ka na lang

if you're looking to invest, be warned that commodities are very volatile. aral muna bago magbagsak ng malaking pera. think about market conditions and the likely impacts on supply and demand for the product. we all know about oil, but gold is a well-known hedge against currency volatility/economic downturns, copper and steel are most likely in demand with all the telecom and real estate development that is happening in the RP these days, and so on.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    commodities are used as a hedge against inflation.

And since there's a lot of inflation fears out there right now,

money is going into commodities driving up prices...

Crude oil, platinum, soybeans, wheat etc... all time highs

there's way too much money out there looking for places to park... doon nagparking sa commodities...

sana lumayas sila sa commodities... para bumaba ang presyo ng mga bilihin...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    on the world market, any finance site will do. the most straightforward for me is Yahoo! Finance.

are you looking to invest in commodities, or just looking for how much you should spend to buy rice or corn for your personal consumption? because the finance sites will help you with the first, but not the second. for the second, mamalengke ka na lang

if you're looking to invest, be warned that commodities are very volatile. aral muna bago magbagsak ng malaking pera. think about market conditions and the likely impacts on supply and demand for the product. we all know about oil, but gold is a well-known hedge against currency volatility/economic downturns, copper and steel are most likely in demand with all the telecom and real estate development that is happening in the RP these days, and so on.
    I'm into basic commodities trading. I just want to know the fluctuation of prices, the future prices. Since bago palang ako sa ganitong business, lagi akong huli sa balita sa price changes.

Commodities prices website?