New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    ah sayang, kung alam ko lang na abibili to dati pa sa cdr-king pinakabitan ko na bahay namin.
    oo nga, didnt know na meron palang nabibili nito. our location has crappy globe signal, average of about 20sec per min na may signal lang, hard to text or call

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Marami nang ganito sa online shops from both local and overseas sellers.

Repeaters or signal boosters are antennas that boost network signals in areas with weak coverage by hogging bandwidth from legitimate network infrastructures
    I wonder how it interferes with the cellular network when all it does is grab whatever signal is transmitted from the cell tower, boost it and transmit to a small area. How does it "hog bandwidth"? It's not like it sucks in the radio waves from cell towers.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Marami nang ganito sa online shops from both local and overseas sellers.

I wonder how it interferes with the cellular network when all it does is grab whatever signal is transmitted from the cell tower, boost it and transmit to a small area. How does it "hog bandwidth"? It's not like it sucks in the radio waves from cell towers.
    Simply put, when installed incorrectly, the retransmitted signal can still get picked up by the cell tower, causing a feedback loop. Though, that in itself won’t likely take down the service, but the unnecessary emissions adds noise to the system which then use up some bandwidth because the system has to resort to more error correction and other RF countermeasures. But if the interference is bad enough, it will cause legitimate calls to drop or subscribers not being able to obtain a channel.

Think WiFi. The more interference, the lower the data throughput and the lower the number of clients it can support.

There’s a lot more going on but that’s the gist of it. Bottom line is, you need to be a licensed radio techncian that understands RF to be able to deploy these to ensure that the installation does not cause any of the adverse effects I mentioned.
    Last edited by oj88; January 3rd, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Simply put, when installed incorrectly, the retransmitted signal can still get picked up by the cell tower, causing a feedback loop. Though, that in itself won’t likely take down the service, but the unnecessary emissions adds noise to the system which then use up some bandwidth because the system has to resort to more error correction and other RF countermeasures. But if the interference is bad enough, it will cause legitimate calls to drop or subscribers not being able to obtain a channel.

Think WiFi. The more interference, the lower the data throughput and the lower the number of clients it can support.

There’s a lot more going on but that’s the gist of it. Bottom line is, you need to be a licensed radio techncian that understands RF to be able to deploy these to ensure that the installation does not cause any of the adverse effects I mentioned.
    Very informative. Thanks!

Another consideration din pala with setting these boosters up is the separation of the external and internal antenna. If the external antenna picks up the signal from the indoor antenna, oscillation (feedback) occurs. Although this will probably just shut down the booster.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
CD-R King and retailers to stop selling signal boosters