New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CD-R King and retailers to stop selling signal boosters

CD-R King and other retailers have signed an agreement with telco giant, Globe Telecom, to discontinue the sale of illegal repeaters and signals boosters in the country.

Globe Telecom and major gadgets and IT equipment retailers CD-R King General Merchandise, Electronics Boutique and Smile-Com have signed an agreement that will stop the sale of repeaters or signal boosters that do not comply with specifications set by the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC).

This agreement is in accordance to the NTC Memorandum Order 01-02-2013 that prohibits the selling, purchasing, importing, or using of repeaters or boosters that are not approved by the commission in an effort to prevent harmful interference to the Cellular Mobile Networks.

Repeaters or signal boosters are antennas that boost network signals in areas with weak coverage by hogging bandwidth from legitimate network infrastructures.

“We appreciate the cooperation of the major retailers of gadgets and technology items in the country to support our drive against the use of illegal repeaters. Many of the existing retailers have been previously unaware that the sale of such equipment violates existing laws,” said Atty. Froilan Castelo, head of Globe Corporate Legal Services Group.
    source: CD-R King and retailers to stop selling signal boosters - YugaTech | Philippines, Tech News & Reviews

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the first place, if the telecoms offer better signal all over the metro, we will not need to use mobile phone signal boosters. The fact that we cannot get proper signal even after repeated complaints have left us with no other option but to install our own cellular signal boosters.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    In the first place, if the telecoms offer better signal all over the metro, we will not need to use mobile phone signal boosters. The fact that we cannot get proper signal even after repeated complaints have left us with no other option but to install our own cellular signal boosters.
    sa globe pag platinum plan holder ka, isang tawag lang sila pa mismo magkakabit ng signal repeater kahit sa basement CR mo

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Wala na ba to sa mga stores nila? Makabili nga muna bago i-ban ang pagbenta.

#Retzing

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Wala na ba to sa mga stores nila? Makabili nga muna bago i-ban ang pagbenta.

You can try but some stores have already stopping selling boosters many months ago. BUT you can still find a few sellers from online ads.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can try but some stores have already stopping selling boosters many months ago. BUT you can still find a few sellers from online ads.
    matagal na po out of stock yan. early this year pa ko nag hanap nyan.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Baka sa Raon Manila meron.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    nakakagawa naman yata ng improvise nyan mga sir..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder if I order one from CHINA and have it sent to my address via FEDEX, would they seize it?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    eto mga white object sa ceiling ng mga building? para malakas signal sa loob ng building?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
CD-R King and retailers to stop selling signal boosters