New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by metatron View Post
    O.T. can you try relocating the router upstairs? i had better signal strength throughout the house when we transferred our router from the ground floor to the 2nd floor.
    not without new cabling. the dsl modem is on the 1st floor. I use wireless phones upstairs, no wire, just plug to the power outlet.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Question lang mga repapips, pwede ba kami ng anak ko mag pc to laptop gaming pag may wireless router? My laptop has a wifi buit-in and I can connect my desktop directly to the router. Btw, i'm using Smartbro.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    You can, but there is a small amount of latency while using wireless. A casual gamer probably won't notice or care, but a wired connection is technically faster.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh man..i only saw the last few replies now..i already bought the WRT54GS...wala akong nakitang L kanina. it's a wireless G with "speed booster" ..ito nalang at yung WRT54G yung natira..so i picked this one up.

mejo ok naman as of now..i still have to try it out tonight in my room since the router was installed here sa main floor.

thanks for the help guys!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    oh man..i only saw the last few replies now..i already bought the WRT54GS...
    this model is ok, im using it ryt now. Like they suggested its better that u transfer the router on the 2nd Flr for better signal. I had a poor signal when mine was on the 1st floor. BUt, another solution is to buy the high-gain antenna for that model mga php2,400 ata sa villman or pcexpress.

Question lang mga repapips, pwede ba kami ng anak ko mag pc to laptop gaming pag may wireless router?
    Yup yup, your both on the same network. yung mga internet cafe diba naka network sila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung hindi umaabot ang signal sa 2nd floor tlaga, your last option is get a repeater, or para mejo madali, mag wired network ka na lang for the 2nd floor or the areas where the signal doesn't pass thru. Our linksys router offers a 4-port wired network option, so pwedeng magkasama ang wired at wireless network.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    +1 on the linksys, ok din netgear. You can use N but it will be limited to G speeds (54mbps).

Ask ko din, what wireless router can I use to pass through cement walls? House is mainly cement, buhos. I'm currently using an ediman wireless g router. Signal can't reach the 2nd floor. My room is right on top of the router and I still can't get a signal. Will a N help?

May nakagamit na ba ng Coregora? Its half the price of other N routers and made in Japan daw.
    Sorry, medyo late na itong response ko. Ngayon ko lang nabasa ang thread na ito, eh. Share ko na din. If you had not bought a new router yet, try Belkin wireless N1 router. I saw one several months back at a big computer shop at SM North-Edsa, Octagon ata yun, not sure.

Ito ang gamit ko ngayon, bought it from the US through my sister living there. I placed the router in the computer room on the second floor of our house and I can use my laptop in our garage on the ground floor directly under the computer room. Concrete floor ang pagitan. What amazes me is the signal reaches up to our master's bedroom which is more than a hundred feet away from the router without a line of sight. One advantage of this N router is I don't have to buy a wireless N adapter for my laptop. It works perfectly well with the G system of laptops.

Check out this link at the Cnet.com:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/routers/belk...tag=prod.txt.1

At the bottom of the review, there is a comparative chart between Belkin, Linksys, and Netgear. Mas maganda sana yung Belkin wireless Pre-N router, kaya lang out of stock ito nung nagpahanap ako sa sister ko.

The downside, medyo mahal lang siya, pero the product carries a lifetime warranty, unlike its competitors na limited period lang ang warranty.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mine is D-link. they said its made by a sister company of linksys but mas mura. Ok naman ang signal strength. It's in the master bedroom at the 2nd floor and I can use the laptop anywhere in the 1st floor of the house kahit concrete ang pagitan. may signal pa din kahit sa garden .

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    As we're on the subject of wireless routers, is using one as easy as just plugging it to the modem? We're using a myDSL account for Internet, and it can be quite tedious for me every time we have to go online. I have to roll out our kilometric phone cable, bring out the DSL modem, plug in the RJ-11 and RJ-45 connections and wait to connect. Add to that the hazard of having such a long cable, which someone could trip over, across the floor.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    As we're on the subject of wireless routers, is using one as easy as just plugging it to the modem? We're using a myDSL account for Internet, and it can be quite tedious for me every time we have to go online. I have to roll out our kilometric phone cable, bring out the DSL modem, plug in the RJ-11 and RJ-45 connections and wait to connect. Add to that the hazard of having such a long cable, which someone could trip over, across the floor.
    This is exactly why most people buy a router. They can connect the cable to the router, then connect the PC to the router (you can connect up to 4 PCs on a router with 4 ports to create a network) and at the same time you can use your laptop computer to access the net through the router wirelessly. The use of routers translates to convenience.

Routers are not plug-and-play gadgets. It has to be configured. But instructions come along with the box. As reviews had noted, Belkin has the most user-friendly instruction manual. You don't have to be a techie to be able to install it. And if you are using a laptop, you will not need a wireless N card for the laptop if you are using the Belkin N1 router. Works perfectly with the built-in G system of most laptops.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
buying a WIRELESS ROUTER