New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    help peeps...we're finally moving to a new home and would set up my internet tomorrow (so i need help asap.herherhehr)

the house has a main floor, 3 bedrooms and a big basement...

so what wireless router do i need? i need something basic that can go through drywalls with ease....

do i need a range expander(?) or booster?

wireless G? wireless N? do i need them?

im looking at second hand items in craigslist.org but im willing to cinsider brand new ones too (limited budget)..herhehrer

thanks!

EDIT: my laptop's specs says....802.11 a/b/g ...so does it mean i cant use an N?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we're using Linksys router-G(forgot the model) d2 sa house ng sis-in-law ko sa CA, although 1 floor lang bahay nila, tumatagos nman sa walls, excellent ang connection kahit mejo malayo na at may harang na pader, kahit nakaupo sa banyo :D

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    +1 on the linksys, ok din netgear. You can use N but it will be limited to G speeds (54mbps).

Ask ko din, what wireless router can I use to pass through cement walls? House is mainly cement, buhos. I'm currently using an ediman wireless g router. Signal can't reach the 2nd floor. My room is right on top of the router and I still can't get a signal. Will a N help?

May nakagamit na ba ng Coregora? Its half the price of other N routers and made in Japan daw.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Glenn you could get a Wireless N router and in order to fully maximize it, you'd need to get a PCMCIA or USB N WiFi card. Sulit talaga siya. You get faster speeds on the network (note, network not internet) and a farther range as compared to a G or lower WiFi Router.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    get the N para pag nag-video streaming ka na ng movies mas mabilis

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    $linksys++;

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Signal can't reach the 2nd floor. My room is right on top of the router and I still can't get a signal. Will a N help?
    O.T. can you try relocating the router upstairs? i had better signal strength throughout the house when we transferred our router from the ground floor to the 2nd floor.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by metatron View Post
    O.T. can you try relocating the router upstairs? i had better signal strength throughout the house when we transferred our router from the ground floor to the 2nd floor.
    not without new cabling. the dsl modem is on the 1st floor. I use wireless phones upstairs, no wire, just plug to the power outlet.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Question lang mga repapips, pwede ba kami ng anak ko mag pc to laptop gaming pag may wireless router? My laptop has a wifi buit-in and I can connect my desktop directly to the router. Btw, i'm using Smartbro.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    +1 on the linksys, ok din netgear. You can use N but it will be limited to G speeds (54mbps).

Ask ko din, what wireless router can I use to pass through cement walls? House is mainly cement, buhos. I'm currently using an ediman wireless g router. Signal can't reach the 2nd floor. My room is right on top of the router and I still can't get a signal. Will a N help?

May nakagamit na ba ng Coregora? Its half the price of other N routers and made in Japan daw.
    Sorry, medyo late na itong response ko. Ngayon ko lang nabasa ang thread na ito, eh. Share ko na din. If you had not bought a new router yet, try Belkin wireless N1 router. I saw one several months back at a big computer shop at SM North-Edsa, Octagon ata yun, not sure.

Ito ang gamit ko ngayon, bought it from the US through my sister living there. I placed the router in the computer room on the second floor of our house and I can use my laptop in our garage on the ground floor directly under the computer room. Concrete floor ang pagitan. What amazes me is the signal reaches up to our master's bedroom which is more than a hundred feet away from the router without a line of sight. One advantage of this N router is I don't have to buy a wireless N adapter for my laptop. It works perfectly well with the G system of laptops.

Check out this link at the Cnet.com:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/routers/belk...tag=prod.txt.1

At the bottom of the review, there is a comparative chart between Belkin, Linksys, and Netgear. Mas maganda sana yung Belkin wireless Pre-N router, kaya lang out of stock ito nung nagpahanap ako sa sister ko.

The downside, medyo mahal lang siya, pero the product carries a lifetime warranty, unlike its competitors na limited period lang ang warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
buying a WIRELESS ROUTER