New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Am trying to decide which to get to replace my old Linksys WRT320N. i read somewhere that you rarely get the advertised max. throughput anyways, although connections are a lot more stable compare to 802.11n.

Di naman kami power user, although we plan to watch netflix...aside from that it's mostly browsing.

tia

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Medyo off-topic, curious lang, doesn't your provider give you a free wi-fi router? Parang standard na ata ito sa mga ISPs.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Mabilis naman mag load & play HD movies/series sa Netflix using a cheap 350mbps router (10mbps internet speed), TV is connected thru WIFI. I was looking at that models before para sa gigabit LAN to connect my network attached storage, di kasi kaya ma play smoothly sa TV ang 4K video clips, and transferring file is slow. IIRC, dual band yan, 350mbps for N connection and the rest AC (if capable din ang device).

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Kung ako mamimili kahit ano pede basta compatible sa device ko

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hi, if you purely plan to use your router to consume internet related things, you can pick the lowest AC rating.

Higher AC rating would just help if you have a locally/network hosted media. Like streaming your PS4 from your bedroom to your living room. Or has a network attached storage that is accessed by multiple devces. Or you are a video editor and you always sync GBs-TBs of videos to a storage server in your house. So basically high end routers tends to make sense only if you have high local network usage.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    You also need to check the compatibility of your devices with Wireless AC. Not all devices can connect using this standard. Most will only use Wireless N or G thus capping your theoretical network bandwidth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Thanks for your inputs. i'll go for an Asus RT-AC1750 para me konting future-proofing, and it's just under my budget.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I suggest to get an even cheaper one. Unless you have a GB internet or you plan to setup your network in a mesh configuration... or there's a huge discount, both choices are overkill. Get the Asus RT-AC1200, its dual-band and has the bells and whistles that you care to have. If you have a huge home though, the extra antenna of the more expensive ones are good. But i would rather invest on an extender.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by fleas2016 View Post
    I suggest to get an even cheaper one. Unless you have a GB internet or you plan to setup your network in a mesh configuration... or there's a huge discount, both choices are overkill. Get the Asus RT-AC1200, its dual-band and has the bells and whistles that you care to have. If you have a huge home though, the extra antenna of the more expensive ones are good. But i would rather invest on an extender.

i noticed th RT-AC1200 has four antennae vs the RT-AC1750's three. In terms of coverage and number of devices connected, would the AC1200 be more effective?

And no i don't have a big house
    Last edited by badkuk; December 22nd, 2017 at 10:36 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Better theoretically. It also depends on the antenna rating too.

If its a small home, then go get the AC1200 and save the extra cash. [emoji108]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast