New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    the asus eee 900 is also worth looking at too. It's priced at P14K+. it's a celeron but has an SSD so ok pa din battery life. 2.5 hours with 4-cell.

celeron is faster than atom most reviews say.

but I just bought the asus 1000H. 7 hours battery life, i dont bring my charger anymore. it's like a cellphone.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    the asus eee 900 is also worth looking at too. It's priced at P14K+. it's a celeron but has an SSD so ok pa din battery life. 2.5 hours with 4-cell.

celeron is faster than atom most reviews say.

but I just bought the asus 1000H. 7 hours battery life, i dont bring my charger anymore. it's like a cellphone.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    Blue just reduced the H1's price down to P9,995. (It seems they are phasing it out.)

At that price, it is a temptation. Any users here who can provide feedback?

Well perfect for Powerpoint presentations in classroom lectures.
    Tempting indeed. Withheld the purchase before because I already had a 12" screen Compaq.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    PC Corner is now selling the original Asus Eee PC 701 4G at P9,995 also. Personally, between the two, I feel the 701 is a better choice.

As to whether the original 701 is underpowered or has an undersized keyboard or has too small a screen, it is very subjective. It also depends on your usage.

My kids bring their 701s instead of their regular notebooks whenever they go on a trip and find it very convenient. No hassle in terms of weight and space in their backpacks. They are able to do the things they usually do - surf and IM. For downloading, they just pack an external HD.

But as GH inferred, the best thing is to try the unit first. If the ergonomics fit and the specs suffice, why not? If not, then other models at higher prices might represent a better fit (or even a better bargain).

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Another good review for Blue H1:

http://www.yehey.com/News/article.aspx?id=220415

Among other things, my worry is the screen resolution. Mukhang hindi tatakbo ang newer versions ng Microsoft Office.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by valvura View Post
    Another good review for Blue H1:

http://www.yehey.com/News/article.aspx?id=220415

Among other things, my worry is the screen resolution. Mukhang hindi tatakbo ang newer versions ng Microsoft Office.

Well, as long as you have't bought one... you can always go for the UMPCs with the 9inch screen with higher resolution.

As for MS Office, there is OpenOffice. Free over the internet and just as capable as MS Office. Our office computers are all using OpenOffice. Saved us a bundle of money if I was going the legal route with MS Office.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Blue H1 UMPC