New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    At least 74 countries affected. I think it crippled several banks in my locale.

Hackers Hit Dozens of Countries Exploiting Stolen N.S.A. Tool - NYTimes.com

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kaya it's always good to have an offline backup. Saka di naman totoo yang makukuha mo pa data mo once you paid.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    email server namin hindi pa na offline... tsk.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Sabi ng empleyado ko, this spreads through port 445, so you have to block that port. Mga tao kasi di na natuto, bukas ng bukas ng mga suspicious email.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Port 445 is smb. So kung may shared drive kayo sa network, di rin useful iblock ang smb.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I know someone was attacked by a ransomware in the past. And they were able to pinpoint the particular employee who clicked a link on the email and the specific time. But I'm not sure what they did with that employee.

So yeah, be careful on what you click cause might cost you your job.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    epic stuff... 150+nations kuno

At least 1, groups in 15 countries hit by ransomware

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    afaik the ransomware exploits vulnerabilities in older Windows operating systems...which were highlighted by a recent leak of NSA hacking tools. Aside from the usual propagation through trojan/windows share+autorun trick, it also actively scans your network and infects vulnerable systems.

Microsoft has released patches for the vulnerability for older Windows OSes. If you're still using them, apply them now. i just saw a video showing how a vulnerable system got infected in real-time, within minutes.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ^ To add, just because you don't see the ransomware pop-up, doesn't mean you're in the clear. Apparently it has a "kill-switch" -- a researcher found out that the ransomware stops when it can resolve a specific domain name(which he has graciously registered for $10.64)...it's unclear whether this will stop the ransomware -- please note that the infection may still be there, it's just dormant.

And, expect more copycats in the future.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Better update your computers now and back up your files...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast